Carvin Footswitch Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Footswitch Options

I recently bought a used MTS3200 amp and it did not come with a footswitch.

So I look on e-bay for one with no luck. Then check Carvins web site and find the FS22 needed is less than $40 new.

I order said switch and now four days later find "BACKORDER"
    as my order status. "WTF" [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Are there any options for this footswitch ?????

Any help is appreciated

Re: Carvin Footswitch Options

How long is the estimated fill date? It's a pretty standard design, the two-button stereo RCA plaug style. A lot of amps use something similar. You could probably find something that will work in a pawn shop.

If you want somehting new, MF has this Vox one which should probably do the trick.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

any 2 button stereo footswitch will work.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        I don't know the fill time as of now. I will call tomorrow and see what they say.

Another Question- Jg, you state a "Stereo" footswitch. How do I tell the differance????
        I have a 2 button footswitch for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp, but it did not work with the supplied Fender cable.
        Or did I not do something right???

Necro- thanks for the links. Some of these say
        "Stereo" but others do not ??????

Thanks again

Comment

Stereo is just that it has two poles on the plug, like the plug on a set of stereo headphones. If you don't know what I mean, go to Radio Shack and peruse the patch cables.

A single button would have a mono plug, a two-button would have a stereo plug. Three or more buttons would require a different kind of connector. Which is why the two-button/stereo RCA plug style is so popular. I just glanced through the offerings at MF. I think all the ones I linked are stereo, but of course I could be wrong.

Comment

Thanks Necro-
            Now that you mention it I also have a 1 button Fender footswitch and at a quick glance the cables look alike.
            Maybe I used the wrong cable and I spent $40 bucks for nothing. Then again I do have an amp to go with the Fender switch.

Comment

Another Question-
              Will the Behringer FCB1010 floor board somehow serve this function ???

Comment

Hmmm. I don't know. If you have that, give it a try. If it doesn't work, it won't hurt anything. But from the description, it sounds like the Behringer has two mono switch plugs. Which would make me think it wouldn't work.

Comment

Update !!!!!!
                  Called Carvin today and the footswitch shipped yesturday.

Comment

Working...
                  X