Tech 21 Trademark 300 inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech 21 Trademark 300 inquiry

Anyone here own or played a Tech 21 Trademark 300 head. I have been reading up on it and it seems pretty cool. 3 channels with variable lead boost. I already have a 5150 but was thinking about one of these as a backup head or maybe if it is good to replace the 5150 and use the Peavey as a backup. The price seems reasonable for the features.

Any thoughts about this one? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: Tech 21 Trademark 300 inquiry

well i have a tm60 and i think it's a great amp.
    the tech 21 stuff sounds very tube like and has great feel.
    the quality is top notch and the tech support is excellent.

the highlight of the amp is the clean sound which is one of the best sounding clean sounds on any amp.
    the distortion does a good medium gain rock distortion, think ac/dc or even van halen.
    however, i couldn't get it to do a heavy distortion sound like a recto/bogner.

Comment

I love Tech 21 gear. I started with a SansAmp GT2 pedal, then got a TM60, and now have a TM10 and a TM30. Per my experience, and my phone calls with Tech 21 staff, the TM60 is a different animal, and does not provide as much gain as the TM10 (which is based on the GT2). From what I've read, the TM300 is supposed to be voiced more along the lines of the TM10/GT2 (i.e., more distortion available). Still not Recto/Bogner territory though, IMO. I think you can get that with a Tech 21 PSA-1 if you want to go that route.

Comment

I own a TM 60 and its great. All of their stuff is.

Comment

i love the tech 21 stuff too...best solid state amp made. the trademark 300 is fantastic! i am using the trademark 60 and the extension powered 1x12 cab for small gigs, and it sounds great!

oh yeah...stick a good pedal in front of these amps, they respond very well, and you can go into high gain terriotory easily...

i have never been unhappy with tech 21 stuff....

Comment

Thanks for the responses people. I am considering it, although I will have to test one out sometime before I commit.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've got a Tri-AC pedal... love it! Tech 21 makes awesome sounding gear.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X