Is this an insane idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an insane idea?

Alright, my little brother came home from work last night and informed me there's a old Peavey soild state 200-watt head in for some work there. I found out today it's a '70s Peavey Mark III 400G head...with a built in phaser [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Anyways, the gears in my head started turning last night and I thought of snagging it and using it to make a custom head.
    Basically what I was going to do was gut the power amp section. Buy a preamp (looking at the Engl 530 but open to suggestions for cheaper but just as straight forward preamp). Slap 'em in a head cabinet, make logos for it and naming it something ridiculous like the "Outlaw W.M.D. 666" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Now I was also told today they want $100 for it. When I was at the drawing board last night, I was figuring it was going to be around 50 bucks. Is it still worth it at a 100 bucks? Is this whole project idea just insane? Is one of you calling the guys that give away those sweet white jackets with the arms that tie up behind your back? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Is this an insane idea?

Not insane really but you are better off just building your own head and covering it in tolex or just getting a heavy duty Rack IMO
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Re: Is this an insane idea?

i agree with tetsuo.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X