pod 2.0 vs xt live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pod 2.0 vs xt live

Okay, I chimed in a few times on the classifieds thread, because I've got some serious questions about it.

Right now, my current rig is a Mesa Triple Rec, into a Marshall 1960 4x12. I've got a Line 6 Spider 2 75 watter, I practice with.

I practice with the Spider 2, because it's easier than taking the Mesa out of the road case, hooking up shit, blah blah. My mesa definately has the sounds I love though. The Line 6, doesn't sound bad, hell it sounds like ti should cost several hundred more than I paid.

I'm looking for a decent way to record into my computer. I hear people raving about the PODs, and sometimes you see them pretty cheap.

I see that quite a few forum members use them, and I've only heard a few clips.

Does anyone here have a few clips hosted that I could check out? If so, I know Pete said he'd let anyone know his patches, but anyone else up for that?

Now, when I say does it sound good, I don't expect it to sound like a 2000$ amp good. However, does it sound good for computer recordings, or say something happened to my Mesa, could it make a decent backup at a live gig?

Comment

Re: pod 2.0 vs xt live

I can't vouch for the XT but the Pod Pro or Pod 2.0 (same thing) sounds absolutly fucking stellar for recording.

As for live sound I've used a Pod Pro with a Marshall 9200 power amp with a 1960 cab and it had an incredible sound. I almost always use the rectifier amp setting.

Like I said I hav'nt tried the XT yet.

Comment

Working...
      X