$380.00 Overdrive Pedal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $380.00 Overdrive Pedal????

Anyone ever heard of or played with one of these? I am kinda curious as to how they really stack up to a modded Tube Screamer or SD-1. One would think they kick unholy ass for $380.00.

http://www.gbase.com/Powered/GearDetails...0b9&Item=800381

Re: $380.00 Overdrive Pedal????

If I had $380 for a pedal, I'd prefer to spend that for a kickass Digital Camera.
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I could build an overdrive that would likely be REAL close to that for a hell of a lot less. Say $375? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, it looks like a true-bypass tube screamer to me, with some changed values (like a Keeley or analogman mod) and the three position clipping diode switch. I built a modded super overdrive with a SIX position diode switch for Fritz here on the board.

Pete

Comment

Whoa nelly. I wonder if it has a plazma TV hiding in it somewhere. Actually, I paid $200 for my clean boost pedal, so I should really shut up. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

All I know is that I have a Japan made Boss SD-1, and for the 60 bucks I payed for it (got a Boss HM-2 in the deal as well), I couldn't be happier, nor could I immagine it sounding any better.

Comment

There's nothing surprizing about this, really. In business, you charge what the market will bear, and there is a market for high-dollar boutique pedals. If you think Landgraf's are high, check out Pete Cornish.

The Langraf overdrives are very well regarded on the Les Paul Forum.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The Langraf overdrives are very well regarded on the Les Paul Forum.

[/ QUOTE ] You think anybody who blew 400 beans on a distortion pedal is gonna admit they got ripped? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k What do I know? Nothing!
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                You think anybody who blew 400 beans on a distortion pedal is gonna admit they got ripped? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k What do I know? Nothing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only when they're trolling:

"I sold my $5000 Les Paul R59 because a $400 Epiphone is just as good."

"Why would anyone buy a Bogner when you can get a POD XT for 1/10 the price."

"I can't believe anyone would pay $600 for an original TS-808 when you can buy the Reissue for $100."

etc...
                Blank yo!

Comment

I've tried the Landgraff DO w/ tone kit and was not impressed at all. There are a ton of better sounding ODs on the market. I'll stick to my modified TS9 thanks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Comment

Well, I have a Klon. It cost me $300 new. I ordered it because so many people I respected gave it the thumbs up. I was actually still skeptical about it but a quick check on Ebay showed me it was a no risk choice - they sell for $350-500 - so I wasn't worried.

I got it and there's no way I'd sell it. I sold a stack of other overdrive pedals though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

George Lynch is selling a $329 overdrive pedal through his website: http://www.georgelynch.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=118

Has anyone here tried this one?
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Gotta love this quote:
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        “From boot to overdrive this pedal covers everything for any guitar player”

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if those are cowboy boots?
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I wonder if those are cowboy boots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh... what else are you gunna stomp on a stompbox with? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                          X