soldano sp77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soldano sp77

Does anyone know the difference between the purple one and the grey/ very slight purplish one? The purple one is the normal one that everyone seems to have, the greyish one has the amp type pilot light and is actually longer from front to back, it has two outputs while the other only seems to have one, any info i would appreciate.

Thanks,

Todd

Re: soldano sp77

I think Grey(Silver?) ones were made in Japan?
    I have seen people saying the Purple ones are better.
    I had one(Purple face one) back in 90 or 91 and it sounded great with a disctortion or overdrive pedal to boost.
    It sounded like older JMP Marshall to me..

Comment

To add to dinkyjacksonman's post, the blue/silver ones were made in japan by Yamaha, just like the Soldano SL-60 was. I have heard that the build quality of the USA purple ones are better.

Comment

Hey Siggy. Drop Soldano an e-mail [email protected]

I had a couple questions about Soldano amps and they were answered the next day by Mike Soldano.

Comment

I have a;lways heard that the Greyish one was MIJ
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

i did drop them a line, but they never emailed back. Why did they have some made in japan? Does anyone know the story on that, i am gonna crack them both open tonight and see what they both look like on the inside.

Comment

I think because Yamaha was making some products for them and the SP77 was going to be one of them then I think they just discontinued both lines (MIA and MIJ) Someone else might be more accurate with it but that is what I heard
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
              X