Harmonizer.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonizer.....

Does anyone have one to recommend besides the Eventide?I just can't justify the cost,but would love to have a decent one to use.Any sugestions?........................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Re: Harmonizer.....

I've heard good things about the Digitech stuff. It took me years to "justify" the cost of an Eventide but I finally did. I have an Eclipse and it is freakin' awesome. It's not just a harmonizer though. It is an amazing effects unit - delays, reverbs, chorus, ring mod, flange, phase, distortion, compressor, etc.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Boss HR-2 Harmonist pedal,great inexpensive harmonizer,don't make 'em anymore but you can find a used one if you look around enough!!

Comment

I have had Digitech stuff. Couple of units. Noisy I thought.

Maybe look for a used Eventide. They are out there. Just be patient. Nothing comes close to their sound and transparency.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I've got a Digitech DHP-33 Digital Harmony Processor, best known as the "Poor Man Eventide". Pros: Lots of flexability, like the ability to do three part harmony in a ton of different scale forms, the ability to create your own scales, the full whammy pedal chipset, a bunch of effects, and a configuration option that lets you do both pre and post distortion harmonization. The cons are the effects suck and it is pretty damn noisy.

Comment

I have a Digitech IPS-33 and I don't find it all that noisy. It doesn't really compare to an Eventide and doesn't sound good for vocals but for guitar it sounds good, has an awesome chorus and multiple scales including 16 user-customizable scales, and is available on Ebay for $75-$100! Live it sounds good, for recording I would manually record the harmonies unless it was just demoing for the band or such.

The HR-2 was pretty cool, and so is the PS-5 that replaced it in the BOSS line, but you have to manually adjust everytime you change keys for a new song or modulations within a song. The Digitech gives you 99 preset locations so you can just go to the patch you want with a MIDI controller.

Even the IPS modes on the RP-3 and RP-7 are pretty cool for live use. They all track decently at high speed if you play cleanly too.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Doesn't Boss make a few? There are some that don't break a hundred or so I thought...

Comment

how bout the Boss PS-5? I haven't heard too much about it, but it might be a cheap option

link to roland
                http://www.rolandus.com/products/det...&prodid=PS%2D5

Comment

I had a PS-5. If you like that tinny-digital-slightly-out-of-tune tone then the PS-5 is the pedal for you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                  X