OK I just made a Trade ENGL for VHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I just made a Trade ENGL for VHT

I just traded my Powerball for a VHT UL with EQ and KT88's. I know the trade favored me in resale a bit so I did it... also I am a gear whore. The one thing that I didn't love about the powerball was the lead tones... I really don't know that the VHT will be better but I loved my 2150!!! Different beast I know. The guy I traded with is very cool and was looking for a good Death Metal sound where as I am more of a Thrash Classic Metal guy myself. just wondering opinions on the UL?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: OK I just made a Trade ENGL for VHT

damn, that's an awesome trade! The UL is just about the tightest amp I've ever played; rather unforgiving, but incredible for metal (and the unforgivingness just makes you into a better player)

Some day, some day.... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I can't quite understand not being able to get a good death metal tone with a UL, but I guess everyone has their own idea of what tone they're looking for...

congrats on the trade! I want pics and a full report when you get it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah should be a good amp I love KT88's so I figured why not! this is one with gain stacking it is a newer one I traded for so that is good

Comment

Congratulations Tetsuo on picking up a killer amp...CL owner here, VHT are great amps.

check out

http://vhtusers.com
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn thanks for the link... I have always meant to own a pitbull after owning my 2150...

Comment

Congrats!
            I sold my Engl Savage 120 to buy a VHT Classic.
            Then I sold my VHT and looking for a Mesa or Engl Powerball.
            [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I am sure you will love it.
            Engl I had was easy to use and able to get what I wanted in 30mins.
            On the other hand, I spent couple weeks on my VHT to get the right tone.
            The first day I got it, I thought it was the crapiest amp I have ever bought then realized I needed to get to know the amp and know how to get the right tone aout of that amp.
            It needed more time to dial in to get your sound than the Engl you had for sure.

Comment

Toru not that big of a deal to me being a Mark IV and Vetta user I just really wanted to Try this out more than anything. I am 90% sure this amp won't stick with me though since no amp has ever before [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Shawn thanks for the link... I have always meant to own a pitbull after owning my 2150...

[/ QUOTE ]

No prob. I hope you like the amp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] what cab are you going to use with it?
                The VHT fatbottom 4x12 with P50E's is a great match.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Currently I am using a Marshall 1960 TV cab that has beat almost any other cab I have used to my ears... I am thinking of picking up a fat bottom 4-12 though for this head

Comment

Glad it worked out for you-

Comment

The UL w/ KT 88's CRANKED and the EQ in play is hands down the most BRUTAL clear sounding amplifier I've ever had the pleasure to own. If you like the MK IV you will most assuredly like the amp....to me it was like the perfect sounding MK IV, basically what the MK IV wants to be....no shit

Comment

Wow... A powerball for a VHT UL w/EQ? Very nice snag. I have never played the UL but the sound samples I've heard of it are nothing short of amazing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Glad it worked out for you-

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Thanks for the Lead!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Inearthed yeah I kinda figured I couldn't lose in the trade. The guy I traded with is from Germany (now in the US) but is a huge ENGL fan and wanted the Powerball so he was cool with it. My Powerball is Minty too.

Comment

Man, congrats on the trade!

I was really salivating for that Powerball, just couldn't do the cash right now because of my layoff.

Comment

John I think you wuld be happy with a powerball but I think you would be happier with the Engl pre going into the 2150!!! I know that is overall more expensive but I bet it smokes... I am thinking of trying a one of the 520 or cheaper engl pre's through the VHT power section

Comment

Working...
                              X