• Show
Clear All

Re: Cables! Whats the best brand?

Yea, here we go again. Another racist.

Comment

anyone tried klotz cables?
      I heard they're pretty good...
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i mainly use planet waves cables. I just stay away from the cheap guitar store brand cables, live wires and rapcos. they sound good enough, but they usually dont last. every single planet waves cable that ive purchased is still going strong, with no scratchy sounds or mis-connects.

I have a couple monster cables too, and they seem to do the job, and they are lasting, but i wouldnt buy em retail, too much jewish business going on there

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Vintage Guitar did a full spectrum test on over 10 cables a year or two back . (I think Gary Moore is on the cover)

Comment

What were the results?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've used both Monster and George L's, my opinion, George L's are clearer and brighter, good cable, twisted easy though and as I read above, it was always in the back of my mind to be careful because of the none soldered tips.
              I did have a couple of gigs that one of the cables crapped out on me, and it wound up being a quick cut and reconnect.
              Now even though I play rock, I use a Monster Jazz from my guitar or wireless, I think it gives me a little more warmth, then the performer 500 patch cables between the pedals, and a studio 1000 from the pedals to the amp.
              I got a lot of them off of ebay where it did work out a little cheaper, and even if you get screwed and someone sells you a defective cable, you can just return it to a dealer and get a brand new one.
              Either way, both are good, I think it's a matter of preference in sound.

Comment

Most of the cables I have are ones that have GC or Sam Ash on the side, that were pretty inexpensive when I bought them. Most still work fine, but a couple have some crackly ends when they're moved around. I bought a bunch of switchcraft ends a long time ago with the plan to make my own cables with some high quality wire for my rig, but it hasn't happened yet.

I 've had good results with the Rapco brand. I have a 10-ft Rapco (regular kind of cable) that is the *first* cable I ever bought when I first started playing 17 yrs ago, and it still works great, and I use it all the time. It was white when I first bought it...now it's more of a dark yellow! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In case I ever get inspired, anyone know where to get some stock high quality cable to make your own?
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

i have this old yellow cable that i bought from one of the Mars Music outlets when i first started playing. it was actually my 2nd cable, and I still have it. funny thing is, Its a straight angle cable, but one day i was playing standing up, and the strap came off my guitar somehow, and my axe fell straight to the ground, landing on the tip of the cable.

needless to say, it bent the cable end to a custom 45 degree angle and it still works to this day ! :lol

Comment

Working...
                  X