Pod XT/POD computer port/Behringer Vamp 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod XT/POD computer port/Behringer Vamp 2

Those little box with loads of amps and effects that usually go at a rather cheap price (well the Behringer does and it was pretty darn cool...)
    Can you run them directly in between the guitar and the amp? Or do you need an effects loop on your amp? I have no effects loop in my Peavey envoy so I'd rather be sure first...

Oh and also, for a limited budget but wishing to have a quality (not 100% amazing thing, but something decent) thing, would you advise the pod or the Behringer? I tried the pro version of the Behringer (the rack version) and it had just the tone I wanted. But it was only with headphones. And I loved all the clips of the pod I heard.

The pod is 200 pounds (300 dollars) more than the Behringer. You think that much difference is justified? I'll try them both though but I'm curious.
    Or for the same price as the Behringer I could get the guitar port with its basic software (the one with the riff tracker is a bit more) and have some fun with it. It seems like a mini pod connected to your computer to me Quite the fun stuff.

Re: Pod XT/POD computer port/Behringer Vamp 2

The pod 2.0 should be dirty cheap.I suggest you to go with it.

Comment

Mhm... it'd indeed make sense. What I forgot to add is, one of the amps I'm considering next is the line 6 Flextone III. Isn't this just like a POD in amp form? Would it be of any use to have pod + flextone?

Comment

In this case just get a flextone,it will do what a pod do and it's a good amp too.

Comment

I won't be able to get a new amp for a long time. Basically I just want a new toy to play with [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          And I am not sure about the flextone being equal to the POD.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I won't be able to get a new amp for a long time. Basically I just want a new toy to play with [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then do what I did.Check ebay for some old pandora or some other cheap unit.I got my pandora yesterday and it's a great tool for just 45 bucks.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Some distortions may sound buzzy but some of them are really good!

[ QUOTE ]
            And I am not sure about the flextone being equal to the POD.

[/ QUOTE ]
            The flextone III should be better than the pod 2.0. And yes,it can do what pod does.

Comment

I had the V-amp 2 for a couple of years, and it really doesnt hold a candle to the POD xt. the pod 2.0 isnt all that great but the XT is awesome, i would even consider playing live with it.

Comment

No point for me to get the XT considering I'll get a flextone...
                I think I'll go for the Behringer as soon as I can.
                This way this summer I'll save up on work money and maybe get myself a Parker P36 or a standard Telecaster... yum.

Comment

I like my Behringer, but I must say, the POD's are much better, construction, sound, and feature-wise.

Comment

I dont know about the POD XT, but I have experience with the POD. Its nice, but you really need the rack version of this thing to feel like you wont break it.
                    I have a Behinger Bass V amp Pro, and find I can get my bass sounds and a great working set of guitar sounds. The Behringer rack was less than 180.00, and sounds and works pretty close to the POD Pro (which is around 600.00). While the Beringer lacks a human readable display, the number of amps and cabinets and effects is in the same zone of the POD.

If I had my choice for free, I would take the POD. If I had to pay for it, I would take the Behinger rigs, as these guys are known to close, copy, reverse engineer, and sell copies of the hot selling toys at a small price. (The POD is also made off shore as well).

The Beringer Bass Vamp Pro is in a 100% metal chassis, and has a pro equipemnt look and feel to it (and not like using a toy). Also, it supports some real high end operation modes for recording, sequencing, MIDI, XLR/SPDIF balanced line out with parelleled analog outputs and boatload of other functions I dont use. And it was CHEAP (it works well and sounds great).

Comment

I had a pod 2.0 and now I use a Vamp pro.Well the vamp pro does feel cheap!The chassis is solid metal but the pots are plain sh!tty!Nothing to say about the sound,it's good enough but you get what you pay for.

Comment

Well I bought a POD 2.0. 50 euros more than the V amp, so I decided to go for it. I love it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Muahaha... I dropped my Charvel to C and put it on the second function of the treadplate (mesa boogie dual rect). Children of Bodom, here I am... Thanks for all the help guys! I love it!

Comment

Working...
                        X