Cab Connection Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cab Connection Questions?

I received my first halfstack yesterday. It's a Randall Cyclone. I have never played through a halfstack before so this should be quite an experience. I'm so excited! It didn't come with a speaker cable. I'll stop by GC tonight. There are 2 "speaker out" connections on the head so I guess it's either one, right? There is a mono / stereo switch at the back. Where should this be? The manual didn't really say much to help me out so bear with me. There are 2 connections at the back of the cab. The way I understood it is: left hole is 4 ohms / right hole is 16 ohms and if I use both it is 8 ohms. The questions are: how many cables to get and where do I connect them? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I called Randall and they said that since it is a solid state, the connection doesn't really matter. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]again. Thank you in advance.

Re: Cab Connection Questions?

is the "stereo/mono" switch on the head or cab?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The stereo/mono switch is on the cab.

Comment

okay. buy one cable. switch the cab to mono. plug it into either of the speaker out jacks on the back of the head.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Should I use the 4 ohm or the 16 ohm hole on the cab?

Comment

well, what does the amp say the impedence load is? 4, 8, or 16?
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

It says 4, 8 or 16. I guess it doesn't matter. Thanks for the help MD. You must be a physician. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

well, is there a selector switch? or does it just say 4,8,16?
                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

There is no selector switch. It's just marked "4, 8 or 16 ohms" on top of the hole.

Comment

i guess it doesn't matter then. i went to randall's website and looked for some info for you but it was pretty weak. try both and if one sounds louder than the other, that would be the one.
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

either way, you wont do any damage to the amplifier if you run it at a wrong ohmload since its a solidstate. those things are immune to pain lol

Comment

Working...
                      X