Pantera-- Warhead--WTF??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pantera-- Warhead--WTF??

*****Do you really believe that a new Mesa Dual rectifier sounds like crap compared to an original 2 channel version? It doesn't.*****

No, I don't. I think they both sound like crap.

Comment

I love Dimebags tone, but tone comes from the hands first, not gear. With that said, being a huge Dime fan I really wanted to like the Warhead but I couldn't, I played around with one for a while and got some 'ok' tones but for the most part I just thought it was a bad amp.

Comment

I have to disagree with the Crate BV the ones I have played sounded awful but then again I am biased against crate having had a bad experience early on
        -------------------------------------------
        I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but my Crate BV120H rocks!! I have had very good luck with Crate products. Seems like we all have our favorites and bash the others...it's easy to do I guess.

Comment

I personally like Randall's SS stuff. I've played through the Warhead and a Cyclone stack...and loved them both. But that's just my opinion. The way I see it, the lack of approval will just leave a low resale value. Hence, a greater opportunity to grab one at a ridicously low price. You gotta love the law of supply and demand.

Comment

people are generally too named brand orientated. the majority of amps out there sound good. you just have to know how to use them right. different amps are made for different styles and many amps can handle many styles and some amps just do one thing really good. everyones touch is different. and that is half your tone. everyones ear is different and everybodies room (that they are experimenting in) is different. it all affects tone.

my rig can sound amazing in my living room and basement. but at some clubs sounds too bright and other too boomy and at most, just right.

tone is relative.

its all depending on may variables outside of where the knobs are set at. cabs, speakers, strings, pups, fingers, picks, pick attack and angle, the room, how many people are there... placement of everything in the room...

people like to talk shit. i guess it makes them feel better about their insecurities or something. i used to bash marshall and praise mesa. but like stated above " In my experience, Mesa's Active EQ is a right beyotch to dial in. Most users don't take the time to learn how the 3 bands interact with each other, so everyone has the same lame tone ." well put my friend. but after almost 10 years of nothing but mesa. i'm wanting different tones.

anyway. i've exhausted myself just thinking about all this.
            i'll shut up now.
            [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

It doesn't surprise me that Dime had a BBE in the rack because it's a fact that SS amplification looses harmonic qualities when pushed and the BBE creates artificial harmonics and overtones.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

So, that leads up to another question. Did Dimebag actually use Warheads or X2's live? He himself stated that he did but he had to use a rack of effects along with them too live. He left Randall and praised the new Krank stacks he got because he could just plug in live and get great sound. The Krank amps in question were their stock product prior to the Krankenstein that he helped develop. Everybody I have talked to that have tried Krank amps said they suck bigtime. I heard also that his backline was loaded with original Randall RG100's. So, did he actually ever use Warheads live?

Comment

I have no idea what he really used and I never played the Krank but @ NAMM I was @ VHT with one of the guys from Krank and he was horribly clueless on AMP construction That left me less than impressed with the Krank
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

it is very possible that he didn't use the warhead live. he could have had dummie warheads on stage. or rg100's in warhead cabinets. there's no telling.
                    artists have been faking there endorsments since the dawn of time.

les paul prefered his flat top epiphones and was required by gibson to sport a gibson logo on his epi's.

i heard that evh had a 2x12 combo in a road case mic'ed with the lid shut back stage. and all the amps on stage were just for show.

james hetfield has a mashall endorsment for years. but was always using boogie instead.

zakk wyde has his boost pedal, but uses the YJM pedal instead.

etc... etc...
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      it is very possible that he didn't use the warhead live. he could have had dummie warheads on stage. or rg100's in warhead cabinets. there's no telling.
                      artists have been faking there endorsments since the dawn of time.

les paul prefered his flat top epiphones and was required by gibson to sport a gibson logo on his epi's.

i heard that evh had a 2x12 combo in a road case mic'ed with the lid shut back stage. and all the amps on stage were just for show.

james hetfield has a mashall endorsment for years. but was always using boogie instead.

zakk wyde has his boost pedal, but uses the YJM pedal instead.

Great info Reb. I never heard that about Les Paul but it sure does make sense when you think about it. Many people have said that Vai used X100B's that were behind the stage. The Legacy's were just for show for the first year they were released.

Comment

In addition to him using the RG100's I heard stories that earlier Dime had a Marshall either hidden behind the backline or a Marshall in a Randall head case that was mic'd and the main amp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I didn't really care too much for Dimes tone, thought it to be a tad shrill and thin. But man, that dude made it work. He knew what to do to make them work for what he was doing.

People bash what they don't use. I agree with whoever said that any player should be able to take any above average amp get some acceptable tone out of it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I heard the original Kranks sucked and also that they were taking the feedback and tweaking the design, some people are actually starting to like them. I haven't heard them in person myself so I can't comment.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn... in Dimes alst interview he said he never used tube amps until Krank so I don't know but then again he was trying to promote Krank so that could have just been part of his story
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                          X