Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornford

Heya,
    Does anyone here have any opinions/experience with Cornford amps? I managed to play one yesterday, it was the 20 watt cornford hurricane, and it wsa one of the sweetest sounding amps I've ever played, they're boutique amps that are hand-wired in Britain. It had a fair bit of gain, but it may require a boost for really heavy shredding. Anyway, has anyone managed to play on one of their heads, either the Hellcat or Mk50h, and if so, do they have any opinions on them? I managed to get a pretty 'cranked' sound at low volumes with the Hurricane, but their heads, despite having shared EQ have two channels, which may be alot easier than having to use the guitar volume knob to clean up.

Thanks,
    Jonny

Re: Cornford

I think Joe Satriani uses them to record with, but I've never tried one out myself.

Comment

Joe used it on Strange Beautiful Music and they are really interesting amps...
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Richie Kotzen has his own model now.
        On Tone Merchant store website, there are some video clips of Cornford Clinic.
        You should check it out.
        I think they are great amps but very hard to find.

Comment

I met the Corbnford rep one day at a store he was in Chciago to meet with Satch a few years ago... Great litle amps.. Had them demoed @ NAMM. Really unique... I would totally love one if I was rich
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
          X