BL Pickups-Big Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BL Pickups-Big Change

Bill and Becky just announced that they will no longer offer ceramic Magnets in their pickups, straight Alnico magnets straight accross the board for now on. Well, wouldn`t this change the signiture sound of their awsome L500XL pickup, which by the way, I was going to order shortly!! I wonder how much of a sound difference the magnet change will make? Jack.

Re: BL Pickups-Big Change

Hmmmmmm. I'll buy one to find out. I love L500XL's. Ihope it's not that much of a change in tone.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Me to bro. I want that ripping searing Pantera tone. I have one in a guitar I am selling and I love the L500XL pickup. I am calling Becky on Monday to see whats up? Jack.

Comment

Looks like they're dumping all the regular humbucker sized pickups, putting them in the L500 sized casings. Fine for those who use the mounting rings. Pickguards will present a challenge, and direct mounting is a no-go unless you have a specially routed cavity.

On the plus side, it looks like they'll be offering the new L600 series in chrome covers, which looks pretty cool. And you can get the L500 with a red ring around it (dunno if they're doing other colors).
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
        X