Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good MIDI pedal w/expression capability??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good MIDI pedal w/expression capability??

<font color="yellow">OK...what's a good quality MIDI foot controller with MIDI parameter changing ability out there now??

I'm dangerously close to getting my TC Electronics G-Major and want something to control it and also my ADA MP-1 for patch switching.

I've heard mixed results for some brands out there and am kinda reluctant to believe Harmony Central all the time.

Thanks... </font>

Re: What\'s a good MIDI pedal w/expression capability??

I use this, and this is a good price on a new one. You will have to use an external volume pedal to control expression.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Comment

I haven't heard anything but good things about the Behringer MIDI floorboard and that has 2 built in expression pedals. I think Pete has one...?

Comment

I know they certainly function as described. I've just never liked their stuff. Haven't used that MIDI controller though.

I also know Behringer is known for using lower quality components. I myself had enough troubles with that stuff with my Digital Music (original not the new one) MIDI controller and its constantly failing switches.

So far, I've used the MIDIMATE for 4+ years and no failures whatsoever. Seems cool.

It's cool the behringer have an onboard expression pedals though...

Comment

Re: What\'s a good MIDI pedal w/expression capabili

I've at an ART x-15 controller for probably over 10 years now. I still use. It has 2 expression pedals built in. I used to use it with a MP1, Digitech GSP21Pro and ART T2. There are a few on ebay now.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I've got the behringer and it's just fine for me.
            once you understood how it works it's pretty simple, and it doesn't seem cheap at all. never had problems with it...

I owned a GM110, and a Vamp, now got a v-amp pro and the FCB1010, further a behringer mic-preamp and a behringer mixer, and I really can't complain about any of these products.
            sure, you'll always find something better, but probably not in the same price range.

I doubt you will be able to brake the midi pedal, if you just use it for what it was meant for.
            really needs some ABuse to damage it.
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I've gigged with the Behringer FCB1010 for 3 years, spilled beer on it, tossed it around, etc. Only thing that has been damaged was the rubber pads on the expression pedals - the adhesive came loose after a beer spill.

Plus you can use the FCB1010 to switch channels on regular guitar amps - it has two relays built in it. You plug in a guitar cable, and can have the presets store which channel an amp is set to. VERY useful.

I'd say it's built pretty well for the $. I'm sure there are better pedals out there, but for the average guy I think it's a steal for $129ish street new.

Pete

Comment

I use the FCB1010 with my J-Station. The thing is built like a tank.
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

The Behringer needs special programming to work with the G major... I use an X-15
                  You can go on the TC site and they have good info on it... I posted a link a few months back in a post on the same subject (can't find it though)
                  You'll love it - transparent if set up correctly, and you can change amp channels with it as well.
                  Enjoy !

Comment

<font color="yellow">Thanks....I'm not currently with anybody, so "road-worthy" isn't really a issue.

I'll be using it with the ADA MP-1 which is MIDI switchable, so I'll have to MIDI map it (arghhhhhh, haven't done that since the 80's).

</font>

Comment

I use mine with a DMC Ground Control. I doesn't have expression pedals, but works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                      X