Mesa Lonestar- opinions????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Lonestar- opinions????

Hey, I am interested if anyone has tried the Mesa Boogie Lonstar amps. I am so far from a mesa dealer I cant try one. I am curious as to what you think of them. What type of tones can you get? how "heavy" of a sound can you get with the Lonestar?? I want to know what you people think, I dont like the descriptions Mesa writes, they are a bit cheesey with thier descriptions. I appreciate any help you can provide. thanks!!!
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: Mesa Lonestar- opinions????

IF, and I say IF, you're wanting to sell your Mesa F-30 if you're no longer needing it, PLEASE let me know... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Now back to your regularly scheduled posting. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh, thanks NOTP, but I will pass, I LOVE my F30 and wont part with it! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] I was just curious about the Lonestar as there seems to be alot of buzz about it. I want to know if it will suit my style or not. Yea, I am gassing for something new...again....

Sorry Dude, the Road King and the F30 are both staying with me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ahhh well, ya win some, ya lose some. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Can't say that I didn't at least try. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

i had a lonestar and i thought it was great. i play hard rock and was really pleased with the gain. i liked to use the "thicker" mode and the drive almost cranked, but the actual gain backed off. it gave me a nice, smooth, slightly compressed distortion. i use one sound for lead and rythym so it was great. the clean was realy nice. GREAT reverbs that each channel had its own control for. man it is a fantastic rock amp. but it does not sound like a rectifier series amp. it is more subdued. i miss mine now. i had the 1x12 combo with the matching 1x12 extension cab. looked killer, sounded killer but bills, man....fuckin' bills!!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Cool, anyone else got any input?? I realize it wont sounds like a Recto becuase it isnt one. Its a while different beast. See, I love my Road king, thats an awesome amp. I just have GAS and I like Mesa amps. I really like my F30 for a nice little portable amp that can kick some serious butt if it needs too. I am never at a loss with it at rehearsals, it cooks. But I love musical gear and I was gonna pick up a rectoverb combo, but I guess its not the smartest idea because its gonna get very similar tones to my RK with less bells and whistles. Plus it weighs darn near as much as my RK, so its not very portable. I like the idea of the Lonestar, it has cool features, but I just didnt know if it was gonna give me a heavy enough tone if I needed it. Granted I am not gonna get anywhere near my RK chan 4 sound with it, but can it do a great Hard rock tone?? I dont need to play metal with it, but how heavy can it get? Mesa amps usually have more than enough gain on their recto models, but I just need to know waht this animal can do. thanks for hte help guys, and I welcome any more input!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

well, my sound is rather similar to the type of sound the maiden would use on "somewhere in time" or "seventh son" or kinda like the sound the gamma ray had on "land of the free". distorted, but open chords still ring true with sustain that allows me hold notes when i solo. that's the sound i have with rivera AND the sound i had with the lonestar. does that help? i guess you could say it'll do a euro-metal sound as long as you don't want the heavy bass and mosquito-y tone of modern metal. does that help and make sense?
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X