Boss NS-2 Sensitivity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss NS-2 Sensitivity?

So I finally got an NS-2, but I have found that the only setting I can use is Threshold Max, Decay close to Min and mode = reduction.

The mute setting just turns the pedal into a mute pedal, right? set to mute, pedal off is bypass, pedal on and you kill the signal to the amp.

Anything other than that is minimally effective for what I 'thought' I needed it for.

How do you guys set your NS-2 and for what purpose? This is in front of a single channel tube combo, after all of the other pedals. I have no FX loop.

I just need to get used to it I guess, the filtering isn't as aggressive as I was expecting and had gotten from the noise filters in the Digitech RP-100, that's all - or is my pedal broken?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Boss NS-2 Sensitivity?

Sounds about right. I run mine with the threshold fairly high up (not max'd, though), decay low (about 1/4 or 1/3rd), reduction mode. Don't quote me on those settings, though, as I'm at work and don't have it in front of me right now.

Also, I run it as the last thing in the chain going through my effects loop, though. (Multi-channel 2x12 tube combo.) Seemed to have much better response that way, than going straight in.

Comment

Re: Boss NS-2 Sensitivity?

You may need to turn down the volume on your guitar or input level on one of your pedals. When I used mine, I just ran it in front of the amp after my wah and OD pedal, liked it better than in the amp's loop, and I noticed sometimes it wouldn't work as well if my OD pedal level was too high. And I ran the threshold at max, decay about minimum. Also, you may want to try your pedals in the loop of the actual NS-2 and see if that helps.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X