Impedence matching - Mesa Boogie Rectoverb combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impedence matching - Mesa Boogie Rectoverb combo

I've got a Mesa Boogie 50W Single Rectifier Combo & a Marshall 4x12 cabinet. The Mesa output to the integral speaker is 8 ohm, the Marshall cab. is 16 ohm (I think). I don't think I'll do any damage running the 8 ohm output to the 16 ohm cabinet, but there must be an effect on the amp. I'd also like to run the integral speaker as well as the Marshall 4x12 - would it be ok to use one of the 4 ohm outputs into what should be the 8 ohm combo speaker at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]?
    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Re: Impedence matching - Mesa Boogie Rectoverb combo

8 ohms into a 16-ohm cabinet is a safe mismatch, according to Mesa, so don't worry about it.
    To run the 8-ohm combo speaker and the 16-ohm 4x12 at the same time, use the 4-ohm output for the combo speaker and 8-ohm out for the 16-ohm cabinet. This is also a safe mismatch.
    If you're running two 8-ohm cabs, then you put them both in the 4-ohm outs.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam.... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      100% correct.

Comment

Cheers guys, I thought it'd be a safe mismatch, but having to buy a new Mesa, or getting it fixed, eats into the guitar fund....................... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

No problem. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I used to get screwed up with the impedance thing, too, but I dug out my Mesa manual for my F-30 combo not too long ago and did some studying. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X