new(ish) rig completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new(ish) rig completed!

Congrats yabba ,thats been my rig for a while now. Mine was 1400 so you got a great deal. I haven't swapped any tubes yet . I use emg's and it roars. Had the powerball but like the fireball better. The whole rig was the price of the powerball. Sounds good for low at home practice too but I picked up a line 6 1-12 for that.

Comment

Awesome Yabba, I have the same rig too. I have been through a fair amount of amps and cabs lately and this one seems to be the one that really works for me. Cuts like a knife in a 2 guitar band.

Comment

Congrats on the rig! Welcome to the Fireball clan.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Thanks bro that's a big help. Very cool. If you get the chance please do take a better pic but it's not a big deal.

So even though both channels share a gain control you can still get cleans with the gain turned up? This is the thing that confuses me about this amp.

[/ QUOTE ]
          big-ass pic of front panel:

With the gain turned all the way up the clean won't stay clean (especially with higher output pups); but the gain turned all the way up is insane, and not particularly usable (for me at least). The highest I go is ~noon or so on the gain knob (and that's with the lower gain 5751's installed in 2 of the preamp slots) and in that range the crunch is brutal, and the clean stays clean. (it's no super sparkly fender clean though, if you need to be able to switch between absolutely pristine clean AND way-over-the-top gain, this might not be the amp for you, and the powerball might be better to look into)

Comment

Ok I see what you mean. "Clean enough" is fine with me. Thanks for the pic.

Comment

Working...
            X