Engl e530 preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl e530 preamp

Searched max date range but didn't get much, only someone who said they were maybe buying one.
    My main question is why so cheap? The sound clips from rocksolid sound good. Everything else Engl makes is pretty pricey and known to be kickass (nowhere around I could check out in person), so what's the catch? How "tubey" is it? Or is it just like the Vox floor thing, a glowing little gimmick. What would a good poweramp and cab to match be? The Peavey classic whatevers are going pretty cheap on ebay, and look appealing. Thanks for any and all advice.

Re: Engl e530 preamp

530s are probably cheap because they're just a basic two channel preamp with seperate tone controls for each channel. The 520, is two channels with one set of tone controls. Pretty barebones.

I'm pretty that it might not be MIDI either, but can be made MIDI with a card install. I might be wrong there.

I hear they can be modded to a powerball preamp configuration that is brutal.

They are a good sounding piece, just more basic and not quite as aggressive and not as versatile as the 570/580s.

Comment

Working...
    X