VHT 2/50/2 Poweramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT 2/50/2 Poweramp

Is $950 a good price for one of these in near mint condition?

Re: VHT 2/50/2 Poweramp

Honestly no I think that is a little High not terrible but you can get a 2150 used for around that and that is a much better power amp and have seen 2/90/2 at about 900
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

That seems a little high to me too. The VHT 2150 is a beast...and I just happen to have one for sale if you're interested [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] They're both killer amps.

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

what are both like in comparison to the engl 840/50?

Comment

Honestly I can't compare them to the Engl because I have never played the Engl. I hear good reports about them though.... Ask Joel, Cleveland Metal, Ace or Myself among others and we will all say the exact smae thing the VHT 2150 is the best poweramp ever built... Ever..... I regret selling mine but the build of it and the KT88's are simply amazing. I am thinking of buying Joels but I ahve a Pitbull UL right now so if you are considering it scoop up Joels you will not be disappointed... What Pre are you using? It really doesn't matter I tried 4 different pre's with mine and it improved them all

Comment

im using the lee jackson gp-1000 preamp with a ps4/ps3t with a j50bc and je-1000 config in both guitars

Comment

As I said I have not played the Engl Power Amps but I did use my Powerball as a poweramp for a little while and it was very nice... That being said I would still go for the VHT hands down... That Poweramp will survive Nuclear holocaust

Comment

ok, well my fav guitarist alexi laiho uses the ENGL 840/50, and i love his tone so much, i have the rest of my gear the same as his, so i think im going to go with the ENGL

Comment

just compare to roope, he uses the VHT right next to alexi... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

but I think you can't go wrong with either of them.

now where's that guy who always says tone comes from the fingers?!? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Who gives a shit what power amp you use. Tone comes from you're fingers man! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

THX!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

lmao, ok man

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          ok, well my fav guitarist alexi laiho uses the ENGL 840/50, and i love his tone so much, i have the rest of my gear the same as his, so i think im going to go with the ENGL

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhoh Ace might come in here swingin his 2150 by the pwoer cord now

How about this when I was @ NAMM I was in the VHT booth and Alexi walked in and started talking to me telling me how much he really likes our stuff (he thought I worked for VHT [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong either way seriously

Comment

actually I'd prefer to hook up with joel. the 2150 is an awesome amp, I think I'd even prefer it to the 840/50, even though that's a great amp, too...

Comment

By most accounts the 2150 is rated the best poweramp ever... It was without question my favorite

Comment

Working...
                              X