Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scored a Dual Rec Tremoverb for $500

[ QUOTE ]
    Some little pawn shop next to Classic Axe in Manassas had it. I couldn't believe my luck. I've never really been a Mesa guy, but for the price, I just couldn't walk away. I can keep it as a backup, or use it and the Peavey XXX together (evil grin), or sell it and make twice my money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was ten bucks short of buying a maple board Charvel Fusion in there a few years ago for $110, and he sold it to another guy who was in the shop while I was out at the ATM.

Nice to see him get screwed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Damn, I'm going to have to start hitting pawn shops -lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it every pawn shop I go in around here has the $1200 DX10s, and no undervalued Mesas? I guess I need to hit different pawn shops!
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Thats 1/2 price bro not including the road case. Great score. The Dual Rectifier Tremoverb is my favorite Dual Rectifier. It is the model that all the modeling companies copy.

Comment

Deneb:

The flight case is one of the ones with one removeable top, and you set the hold down into it.

This is my first Mesa amp, so I think I'mn going to keep it for a little while and play with it. I've never been a fan of the recto series, but this thing seems to be voiced differently than the solo heads. Less gain, more girth, and I'm kinda digging some of the tones I'm getting with it.

Either way, I really wouldn't be interested in a TriRec, I've played through several of them and it just isn't for me. I know several guys that can get some great tones out of them, but I think they know the secret Mesa handshake and have the Boogie decoder ring, because it never works for me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Siggy: Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure I need two Triple XXX heads hanging around! If I do decide to get rid of it, I'll post it in the classifieds here first, although now you all know how much I paid for it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW to Matt and Mike from Division: Man, this thing sounds killer through those Mesa 2x12 cabs! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Noodles,

All rec's sound great, i have a dual as well as a roadking and it defintly comes down to how you EQ them as well as the amp. As they get older and more broken in the better they sound! By the way you still have the cab i sold you? Anyway if you do want to get rid of her let me know.

Todd

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Deneb:

The flight case is one of the ones with one removeable top, and you set the hold down into it.

This is my first Mesa amp, so I think I'mn going to keep it for a little while and play with it. I've never been a fan of the recto series, but this thing seems to be voiced differently than the solo heads. Less gain, more girth, and I'm kinda digging some of the tones I'm getting with it.

Either way, I really wouldn't be interested in a TriRec, I've played through several of them and it just isn't for me. I know several guys that can get some great tones out of them, but I think they know the secret Mesa handshake and have the Boogie decoder ring, because it never works for me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Siggy: Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure I need two Triple XXX heads hanging around! If I do decide to get rid of it, I'll post it in the classifieds here first, although now you all know how much I paid for it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW to Matt and Mike from Division: Man, this thing sounds killer through those Mesa 2x12 cabs! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever you paid for it should in no way shape or form dictate what you get for it... You found it and made the deal if you sell it here you should sell it for fair market value which would be twice what you paid IMO
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

great deal!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  By the way you still have the cab i sold you? Anyway if you do want to get rid of her let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way someone is getting that cab is if they pry it out of my cold, dead fingers. That 2x12 Mesa with the v30s I got from you, and the matching one with Black Shadow 90s I got from Matt Crooks have become and integral part of my sound. I feel like I snapped the last piece of the puzzle in place with those two cabs! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think how good it would sound through a 4x12 w/30s and a 4x12 w/90s... LOUD. That would be tonal Nirvana. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

OH I wasn't offering my AMP, just the case. They would fit the same, but it appears yours isn't different.

I love my amp!

Anyway, GLAD to see you scored a sweet deal!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think how good it would sound through a 4x12 w/30s and a 4x12 w/90s... LOUD. That would be tonal Nirvana. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thanks for popping my bubble, Matt! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Anytime, anytime!

For anyone still reading... Side by side the 2x12 recto cab and the 4x12 recto cab sounded almost identical. The 4x12 moved more air and sounded bassier in the room, but when mic'd up in the studio they were identical.
                          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

noodles,

You still got the rec cab i sold you? I kinda regret selling her.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw man, why did you have to go and say that?

It is part of my main rig now, I absolutely love that cab. If I ever decide that it has to go, for whatever reason, I promise I'll offer it to you first.

Man, now you're making me feel all guilty.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw man, why did you have to go and say that?

It is part of my main rig now, I absolutely love that cab. If I ever decide that it has to go, for whatever reason, I promise I'll offer it to you first.

Man, now you're making me feel all guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i am glad it is getting used, actually i think i would rather just pick up another traditional rec cab, working on one right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X