Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JGCable - just about got that amp ready to go.. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JGCable - just about got that amp ready to go..

[ QUOTE ]
    I *am* working on a low (6-15) watt JCM 800 clone though... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    That sounds interesting as well. Keep us posted. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: JGCable - just about got that amp ready to go..

EL84's Pete? I love that tube. And is it going to be hot rodded some?

A low watt SLO would definitely be cool. But after reading through the laundry list of parts that the SLO is built from I have to agree it would cost more to make one than to buy a used SLO.

I talked to Mike Soldano about the one I picked up. He told me the power and output transformer are around 350 a pop. The one item not covered under warranty. I'm guessing because the only way it would go bad is if someone used some tubes they shouldn't have or did something else wrong to blow them up.

After taking the chassis out of the head cab I can definitely say that the thing is built well and uses all the best components. Kind of surprised it has single sided PC boards though. I figured it would be double sided with plated through holes. But I guess he built them originally with the single sided board and doesn't want to change a thing on them.

At any rate the SLO with a hot plate is quite home play friendly. You just have to turn the deep and bright switches on to compensate for the tone suck if you go below 8db of attenuation. Still sounds like a very nice SLO tone with those on though.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Re: JGCable - just about got that amp ready to go.

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I *am* working on a low (6-15) watt JCM 800 clone though... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        That sounds interesting as well. Keep us posted. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        definetely! I'd be all over something like that [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X