Genz Benz El Diablo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genz Benz El Diablo

I saw this on the bay and was curious if anyone here has played one? It seems like a pretty versatile amp for a decent price (it would be $1159 new).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Re: Genz Benz El Diablo

I tried one at a music store, and try as I might, I could not get a decent sound out of it. It sounded loose and sloppy, had no definition at all, and was just generally a piece of overpriced crap.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I think Shawn owned one for a short while track him down...
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I tried one. It sounded very harsh and annoying.

Comment

Yeah, sure did. Very short time. I could get mine at dealer cost, and still didnt want to keep it. REALLY nice cleans, like Fender, but really buzzy, muffled distortion, and definitely not metal. More Muttle..

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

my friend has the half stack and it sounds real.....gritty for lack of a better word, no definition or articulation. my other friends 5150 took the cake when we had the "amp-off", but im still getting my rack system together... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I also demoed one aqnd got the same gritty solid state feel out of the head and wasn't impressed.

Comment

I have the 100W Head.

Me, I think it's great.

I'm however in a minority here it seems.

Softer than a 5150, Harder than a Marshal . more mids than a Duel Rec and less saturation than the TripleX

It took me about a month or so to give up on "trying" to make it sound like something else.

The more I tried to get an "insert amp brand" tone, the more frustrated I became, as the typical "dime the knobs" approach doesn't work at all.

It has it's own sound, thats for sure.. not totaly unfamiliar, but different.

I will say that how you set "Tube Contour" can mean a large difference between great sound and sonic crap.

Comment

I liked the 60 watt head much better than the 100 watt head if that helps. In other words, don't assume that every Diablo amp sounds like the 100 watt head.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                  X