Is This A Dumb Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This A Dumb Idea?

I was actually thinking about trading or selling my Fireball to get a Mark IV. I love my Fireball, and it is very versatile, but I like have all of that versatility at my feet at once. I am a metal head, but love softer stuff too. My lead guitarist uses a Powerball, and I thought that the tones of the PB and the Mark IV would mix well. So is this a dumbass idea, or would it be good to put some serious thought into.
    Thanks

Re: Is This A Dumb Idea?

Try to avoid parting with nice gear if at all possible. Unused amps make great end-tables, and as soon as you get rid of it, you'll wish you had it back.
    Save up the dough for the Mark IV, that way if you don't like it you've still got your good amp [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They are good for leg rest too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

I would save up the $, but it would take me about 2 years, do to bills and other crap, and I really don't want to wait that long. I love being able to tweak things, which is why I think I would love the Mark IV, and is the only reason I don't like the Fireball(not enough knobs).

Comment

Go get the MARK, it kicks some serious ass.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

no it is not a dumb idea if you really want to do it way. but i wouldn't trade an ENGL for a mark IV. have you tried a mark IV? i had one, and let me tell you, while i like knobs, it was very hard to get and keep a killer tone out of the mark IV. it is a tweakers dream, but it also a tweakers nightmare because you lose the tone faster than you found it. try one if possible. but a used one, rent one, but spend some time before you dump another high end amp to try one out.

having said all that, i wish i still had my mark IV. i'd trade it for an ENGL is a second!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Thanks MD for the advice. I will have to see if a music store around me will let me play around with it for a while.

Comment

most definatley try out a mark for a good set time before you buy it. when i plugged into mine in guitar center, it was compeletly different then what i thought it would have sounded like. it sounded better! i straight up traded my xxx for it, and i think that i've found my tone...

Comment

I would get the Mark!

I downright hate all the 'new' amps that have been rising these last couple of years (Uberschalls, Cobra's, Fireballs, Powerballs) (I do like the SLO a bit, though). Imho most of the older traditional amps destroy them all. So I'd definitly go for it!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

how much would you sell the fireball for [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you want to ask any price questions or anything about the Fireball, email me at:
                      [email protected]
                      Thanks everyone for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                      X