Just scored this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored this!

I've been looking for an amp lately (having sold my Single Recto to sambencuda back in Feb.) and just got what I think is a killer deal:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
    I'd been considering a XXX but wasn't sure it could give me the versatility I was looking for. It has a good clean and killer distortion for metal but I was concerned about getting a good "mild" distortion for old school stuff like Hendrix and Jeff Beck. Plus, the trucker girl faceplate is pretty cheesy. Well, since I've had the Mesa before I know that I like it. I saw this one yesterday starting at $650 w/no bids yet, so I put it in my watch list. I got to work this morning and it was still below $700. So I'm doing some work, realize the time, and check eBay. There's less than a minute left and I put in a bid to go up to $750. And I win! I'm so psyched!! Now I just need a cab......
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Re: Just scored this!

Cool score. Congrats

Comment

Congrats man, great score [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, I have to ask the question, and also reveal that I know NOTHING about Mesa amps: what is the difference between single, dual, and triple rectifier amps?

Does a single rectifier use tube rectification, or solid state? If tube, is it A or A/B?

Is a dual rectifier selectable between A and A/B, or does it have solid state rectification as well?

Does a triple rec have all 3?
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Congrats! Cool amp

Comment

50w, 100w, 150w

There are other features that the Dual and Triple have like spongy/bold switch. To me... they all sound exactly the same, just different wattages. Duals are the most popular because they are the traditional 100w. Singles are way more useful in most every situation (they are wicked loud) and triples are just overkill in every respect unless you are a pro touring musician playing in arena sized gigs with gigantic stages.

Comment

Zeegler - the biggest differences are the Single is 2-channel, 50 watts. The Dual and Triple are 3-channel w/100 and 150 watts respectively. All three are all tube.

Comment

Non necessarily. The early Duals are 2 channel also.
                The early Singles, Duals and Triples also did not have a solo boost function.

Comment

Oops, I was referring to the newer ones.

And we posted at the same time, you already had it explained. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Mmm, so it has nothing to do with rectification, but output power. That's interesting. So technically, a single rectifier will sound pretty much like a dual or triple, but has less power, and only 2 channels.

Comment

i thought the single rec only had a solid state rectifier?
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is correct, but most people that are buying rec's dont really use that function anyway, hell in mine i do not even have the rec tubes in it. Now in my roadking i use that function because i use that amp more towards rock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well fuck, that's what I was trying to find out.

Comment

Great score! I have one and though I've tried to find something "better", it always wins and has stayed around. If you are looking for that modern sound and don't have the $$$ for the boutique stuff, it's the way to go. For $1100 new, you can't be 'em. Add a Radial ToneBone hot british out front, and you effectively have 3 tones (Clean, Marshallesque tones from the Clean channel + ToneBone, and Mesa Saturation on the Modern or Vintage distortion voicings) plus solo boost for all three. Enjoy!

Yes the singles have a solid state rectifier. 2 EL34 or 2 6L6 (series 2 w/bias switching) tubes for power and 4 12AX7's in the pre. 50 watt output. I rarely have mine past 3 on the master.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I've been looking for an amp lately (having sold my Single Recto to sambencuda back in Feb.) and just got what I think is a killer deal:
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
                              I'd been considering a XXX but wasn't sure it could give me the versatility I was looking for. It has a good clean and killer distortion for metal but I was concerned about getting a good "mild" distortion for old school stuff like Hendrix and Jeff Beck. Plus, the trucker girl faceplate is pretty cheesy. Well, since I've had the Mesa before I know that I like it. I saw this one yesterday starting at $650 w/no bids yet, so I put it in my watch list. I got to work this morning and it was still below $700. So I'm doing some work, realize the time, and check eBay. There's less than a minute left and I put in a bid to go up to $750. And I win! I'm so psyched!! Now I just need a cab......

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey

The avatar cab is still at guitar center, but if you want a mesa cab i am selling my oversized in mint shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X