Just scored this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just scored this!

Nice score! Now you don't have that regret of selling yours to me anymore! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Good luck with your hunt for a cab!
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Way to go John! Nice grab.
      What are you thinking for a cab?
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I've been looking for an amp lately (having sold my Single Recto to sambencuda back in Feb.) and just got what I think is a killer deal:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
        I'd been considering a XXX but wasn't sure it could give me the versatility I was looking for. It has a good clean and killer distortion for metal but I was concerned about getting a good "mild" distortion for old school stuff like Hendrix and Jeff Beck. Plus, the trucker girl faceplate is pretty cheesy. Well, since I've had the Mesa before I know that I like it. I saw this one yesterday starting at $650 w/no bids yet, so I put it in my watch list. I got to work this morning and it was still below $700. So I'm doing some work, realize the time, and check eBay. There's less than a minute left and I put in a bid to go up to $750. And I win! I'm so psyched!! Now I just need a cab......

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey

The avatar cab is still at guitar center, but if you want a mesa cab i am selling my oversized in mint shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go. Without the mesa cab you really only have half the sound. Do yourself a favor and buy the matching cab. You probably won't ever be happy with it until yoiu do.

Comment

nice score!!!
          imo, i think the single is the best sounding, most versitile amp of the bunch.
          50 watts is plenty loud for most gigs and i think the single recto has a better sounding clean channel.

Comment

Thanks guys, I can't wait for it (supposed to get here tomorrow).
            Siggy - I was at GC last week and saw the Avatar, it's in good shape and the price is good. I'm sending a PM about your Mesa cab though.
            Jim - thanks, I hope this one sounds as good as the one I sold you!
            Nick - I'm considering the used Avatar 4x12 w/celestions ($299 at GC), maybe a new 1x12 or 2x12 Mesa (no payments, no interest for 15 months at GC), or a Genz Benz 2x12 (I can get a brand new one off eBay for $425 shipped). And Siggy's oversized cab (don't know the price yet).

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Thanks guys, I can't wait for it (supposed to get here tomorrow).
              Siggy - I was at GC last week and saw the Avatar, it's in good shape and the price is good. I'm sending a PM about your Mesa cab though.
              Jim - thanks, I hope this one sounds as good as the one I sold you!
              Nick - I'm considering the used Avatar 4x12 w/celestions ($299 at GC), maybe a new 1x12 or 2x12 Mesa (no payments, no interest for 15 months at GC), or a Genz Benz 2x12 (I can get a brand new one off eBay for $425 shipped). And Siggy's oversized cab (don't know the price yet).

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I replyed to your PM. You have to be carefull with the GC 15 month thing, it is only on selected brands and do not believe Mesa was one of them. I know because i was just there and Ryan was reading me the list and he never mentioned mesa at all. Like i said in the PM $600 for the cab with cover or $575 without cover, cab is in almost new condition.

Todd

Comment

PS and in order to get that 15 months it also has to be a brand new item of the selected brands and it has to be the Tag price, so you cant haggle on the price or it voids the 15 months. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I know it's only on new products at tag price, but I thought the dealers aren't allowed to haggle Mesa stuff anyways?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I know it's only on new products at tag price, but I thought the dealers aren't allowed to haggle Mesa stuff anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true, but i dont believe Mesa is one of the items, but call ahead and ask. Ryan is usually who i deal with but he is busy as everyone goes to him.

Comment

Well I went up there last night after class and picked up the Avatar. I got it for $280 out-the-door, so I couldn't pass that up. It's in great shape with no nicks, tears, etc. and loaded with Celestion V30s. The Single Recto is supposed to get here today, I can't wait to crank it through this cab! Thanks for the info about this cab, Siggy. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Siggy, you should get Ryan to introduce you to George, or I will this weekend if I have the time. Ryan and his entire band are moving to LA really soon, if they haven't already left, so you'll need someone else to talk to. I know George from back at Mars Music.

Then again, Ryan's second guitarist was the operations manager, which is probably how ryan was empowered to deal so much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Siggy, you should get Ryan to introduce you to George, or I will this weekend if I have the time. Ryan and his entire band are moving to LA really soon, if they haven't already left, so you'll need someone else to talk to. I know George from back at Mars Music.

Then again, Ryan's second guitarist was the operations manager, which is probably how ryan was empowered to deal so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noodles,

As of the other day Ryan was still there, i also know there are two ryans that work there so i wonder if we are talking about the same Ryan. Is George the older guy with long hair, looks like he came from the 80's? If so i met him last time i was there, were talking about his splawn modded JCM800 Reissue.

Jwoods,

No problem, glad you bought it and got a good deal, for the price it was well worth it considering the V30's usually sell for about 80 dollars each on ebay, that is $320 right there just in speakers. Speaking of which i would open that sucker up and make sure it is the V30's before the 30 days return policy is over, sometimes GC messes up and arent always 100% correct.

Comment

Noodles -

First, check your e-mail [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Second, we did an amp, cab and guitar shootout for recording this weekend. The Marshall with the V30s I got from you beat out the Mesa w C90s. The amp of choice for rhythm was the Road King, with the 5150 close behind and the Soldano coming in last. We used the NAMM tribal RR for all the tracks.

When we do leads, I am certain that the Soldano will win.
                            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

You know, I've been thinking about that. There is nothing on the outside that indicates they are celestions. I'll pop it open and make sure. So the 30 day return policy applies to used stuff too?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                You know, I've been thinking about that. There is nothing on the outside that indicates they are celestions. I'll pop it open and make sure. So the 30 day return policy applies to used stuff too?

[/ QUOTE ]

It applies to everything you buy there, i know in the past i have returned used stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X