amp damaged during shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp damaged during shipping?

I don't know if this is in the right section, please move if it's not....thanks!!!

I sold my tech 21 amp on ebay and shipped it to a the buyer.
    I get an email saying the amp arrived but is not in working condition.
    I called the buyer and he told me the reverb tank was dislodged and loose inside the amp.
    He plugged the amp in and said the volume goes in and out intermittently.
    Since the amp was in perfect condition before I shipped it and was packed pretty good, what are my options.
    To keep my perfect feedback, I offered him a full refund + shipping.
    Can I try to get an insurance claim thru fedex?
    Any info on the matter would be very helpful.
    Thanks!!!

Re: amp damaged during shipping?

Reverb tanks don't just fall out, they had to have dropped it pretty hard to rip it out. The intermittent volume knob is probably electrical component damage (board). If the amp needs a new board, that's probably half the cost of a new amp (if they'll even sell you the board). If it's totally busted (cabinet and board) then you'll need a whole new amp.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: amp damaged during shipping?

If it were me, I would offer the guy a the refund and then make a claim and fight for it, get it fixed and re-sell it.

I've been prety lucky when it comes to shipping stuff, but I always hold onto the payment incase anything goes wrong.

Neec is right. This thing had to have been dropped pretty hard to cause that kind of damage.

Good luck with it!
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
      X