Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall Jubilee 2550/2555 info needed.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Jubilee 2550/2555 info needed.........

Ok, I'm really interested in picking one of these heads up and I'm not sure what they are worth/going for. a 2555 just sold on eBay for almost $1200 and there is a 2550 on there now currently at almost $600. I've also seen 2/12 jubilee combo's going for around $1200 on eBay. Is eBay an accurate gauge on the value of these? How rare are the 2555's? I know I've seen more 2550's.

Any info would be most appreciated!
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: Marshall Jubilee 2550/2555 info needed.........

the 2555's go for more because they are the exact one slash used. If you want a good bargin with the same sound and quality go for the 2553 (short head). I had one and sounded good, i realy regret selling her. These ones usually go for about 900, mine was the one in grey tolex.

Comment

Interesteing. That would work for me as I'm looking for the tone. I don't mind if it's the smaller head.

Comment

Wow my jubilee was amazing seriously the one piece of gear I regret the most of letting go [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

The Jubilee is my favorite also although I never owned one.

Comment

I had a short box head that I traded to Pete. Nice piece of gear.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

When I started working at Guitar Center, we had 3 of these in stock-a short head, a regular one, and a regular one that was modded with a fan. I played around with them a lot because I was trying to emulate the sound of The Pete, who uses a Slash and an old JMP simultaneously. I thought they were nice amps but it was about this time that I figured out that Marshalls just weren't for me. Anyway, to my point, the short head sounded as good as the other two did.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I had a short box head that I traded to Pete. Nice piece of gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a cool amp, but I really preferred the 2210 I had that JGCable and Deneb and half the JCF has now owned [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Oh no Jim, you've come back around full circle to the Marshall 2210. Wait until you get that Carvin. It will set you straight.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Oh no Jim, you've come back around full circle to the Marshall 2210. Wait until you get that Carvin. It will set you straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I had a 2210 but I preferred the Jubilee although those are two of my top three marshalls with the 6100 being on that list
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me again why I didn't buy that? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

-in my best Chris Farley voice-

"Remember that Marshall 2210 Jgcable had?" "That was cool"
                      "I'M SO STUPID!"

I can't wait to get the Carvin, but I'm not sure it will cure my Marshall cravings I've been having lately. We'll see.

Comment

I really like Jubilee's, I've got a 2555, and I've had, and sold a 2555, and 2 2553's.

To my ears, they have the same tone, but they do sound different, in the same way that most 50 watt Marshalls sound from their 100 watt counter parts. I guess it's probably more of a feel than a tonal thing. I prefer the 2555, but I also prefer 2203's 2210's and 1959's over 2204's, 2205's and 1987's...

IMHO, the 2555's have gotten outrageously high, I've seen them sell as high as 2000.00 and 2400.00 on ebay, but usually they sell in the 1250.00-1500.00 area, but that's still kind crazy. The 2550's and 2553's are selling for a more realistic price, but it's still kinda high. With the way Marshalls are Selling right now, I doubt any of them are going to go down much in the near future.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The Jubilee is my favorite also although I never owned one.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Let me clarify.. my favorite Marshall is the Jubilee. My favorite amp is the SLO100. My favorite combo is the Matchless Spitfire. The Spitfire is turning into a reality. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]The SLO... well... one day...

Comment

Working...
                          X