Uberschall the good bad and ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uberschall the good bad and ugly

I want to know from owners what they think about this amp... What does it have and lack... I am 90% sure this is my next amp...

Really all I know from this site is
    Bill - Loves It
    Cleveland - Doesn't love it
    Fretburner - Sold his

anyway there I go sill me in... I played one @ NAMM and loved the amp just loved it
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Uberschall the good bad and ugly

I love mine! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Had one... Not worth the Money! You're better off with a Dual Rec. More versatility and sounds just as good if not better. I had both amps and A/B'd them with the band. The Rec chewd up the Bogner and the rest of the guys thought the same.

Comment

One word... P O W E R B A L L

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          One word... P O W E R B A L L

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree wholeheartedly.

Comment

The Uber doesn't suck, I just can't justify that amount of money for 2 sounds. I'd like to try a Powerball. Engl makes great gear!

Comment

Really, it's just one sound. I never liked the clean. It's a pretty darn good sound though, but not what I'd want.

However, I do have to say I like it more than recto. But the Recto is more versatile.

My CAE3+se and VHT2150 walks all over both. Just not a head though and it's all really heavy.

Comment

Buy one used, see if it does it for you. If not, sell it for what you paid and move on to the next amp.

One of the best high gain heads I've heard recently was an orange rockerverb - got to hear it against a VHT Ultra Lead, Two Bogner XTCs (one was a classic) and some other amps. The orange really surprised me... but they look like ass. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BTW, I got to play a powerball, Uber, VHT UL and an SLO in the same room... I liked the SLO the best, then the UL, then the Uber, then the Powerball. The PB just had this solid state vibe happening, might have been how it was dialled up. I'd like to get my hands on one and check it out in more detail. All were nice amps, but man, SLOs just kill.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  One of the best high gain heads I've heard recently was an orange rockerverb

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Pete, what's the going price on the Rockerverbs? The Rockerverb 50 has me intrigued! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not sure. They have a great overdrive with a lot of clarity... kinda like a blend between an SLO and a VHT with the attack of a mark series boogie. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] However, I haven't looked into them because the things look like shit. I hate to be that visually snobbish, but I have always hated how orange amps look. They make the old Crate amps look good by comparison.
                    Pete

Comment

hmmmm....well for me...it IS the thickest , fattest , Heaviest tone that "I" ever heard out there...PERIOD!

I heard that the powerball is cool but doesn't come close to the "brutality" of The Uber..that is coming from dudes that owned both...like Jack Frost ...and a few guys here as well..

certainly the CAE is cool but does NOT...not even close in "Heaviness"...

I'm NOT a versatile player...so the Uber suites me like a glove....I only need ONE sound..and it is one hell of a a sound.

as far as a "recto" sounding better....take the shit out of you ears man...and get a friggin' clue...I mean really.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I had a Recto...piece of absolute crap...and John should know that, because we went thru hell trying to coax a decent tone out of mine..no fucking way!!!

My ONLY compaint with the Uber is the EL34 power section...wrong tubes for that amp...!!!!!

and FUCK sound clips...that doesn't mean a fucking thing in my book....

to really know what a amp sounds like you MUST be up close and personal with the fucker...you have to play it to judge it....not a fucking stupid sound bite of a bad recording , settings and or playing...a DUH!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

THINGMAN had the best Uber sound clips that DID the Uber justice...I have not heard one other Uber clip that sounds like MY uber...except for Thingman's.. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

and I crank my gain MUCH higher that he does... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Pete isn't kidding about that Orange amp. We had one at my store last summer and EVERYONE was impressed by it. My district manager at the time bought it. If these ever are shipped in large quantities stateside, they'll make a big impact.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that the powerball is cool but doesn't come close to the "brutality" of The Uber..that is coming from dudes that owned both...like Jack Frost ...and a few guys here as well..

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack is now using a Splawn and an XTC... of course that will change soon - he goes through more gear than anyone I know! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...

that dude changes amps more often than people change their underpants..

UNDRPANTS....that sounds funny...

I talk to that silly bastage for a while...I was the one who told him about the Uber...I just got mine at the time..and the next time he saw me (BW & BK show) ..he rememebered us talking about it...and then he got one...at that time he loved it wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than his Engl...well that's what he said.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i have played the Uber and currently own mesa gear, Both amps sound killer but the uber is slightly better. I stay with mesa only because i need more versitility that the uber can not give me. Mesa's are funny amps, you really need to tweak and tweak till you get the tone, but once you find that spot you can be in heaven. I really want to try the orange amp out!

Comment

Working...
                              X