My newest acquisition..Savage Blitz 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest acquisition..Savage Blitz 50

I find myself enjoying new amps as much as anything lately, and this is one I really wanted for quite a while, but they are sort of hard to come by. If you are not familiar with it, it is made by Savage audio out of Minnesota. I have been after one of these since I am a big Pearl Jam fan, and have always loved Gossard and Mcready's tone. They have used these (among others) for quite some time, and time and time again have said that this was their standard. Now I know why. This thing is all hand wired, no PCB, 2 channel, no reverb, with a master volume to die for. KT66 power plant. There is just zero degradation all the way up in volume. Like an attenuator without any tone loss. My LP through this fucker sounds thick like molasses, and you can hear every single string (which in my case makes for a pretty rough evening [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) Really, unless you consider Bogner "boutique", this is my first foray into a real, handmade, exotic amp. And I have to be honest, nothing else I have comes close. Not in the gain department mind you (which this has plenty of.Not chunk, but grind), but in the oneness with the amp factor. It is just like butter, really lush sounding. I put my phaser in front of it, and couldnt stop playing for hours. Sounds really excellent through these greenbacks BTW.

Enjoy!

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: My newest acquisition..Savage Blitz 50

Haven't heard the amp yet, will definitly check it out. It looks pretty nice 'n flashy. Glad to see we share tuningapparati. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I am a big Pearl Jam fan, and have always loved Gossard and Mcready's tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! there's two words you usually don't see in the same sentence, Peal jam and tone [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That really is a beautifull looking amp, congratulations and great score..
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Mike McCready is a great guitar player, very underrated...check out his stuff on Above by Mad Season(one of my favorite albums ever, has Layne Staley on vocals and some other mid 90s band members as well), and on Temple of the Dog to get a better scope of his playing than what they play on the radio from Pearl Jam.

Comment

I freakin love the mad season album. I have a boot from the only show they played in Seattle, at the moore theater. Mcready was on that album as well. I really liked the 90's stuff out of Seattle. Soungarden, Alice,PJ, Mudhoney, etc..
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X