Crate Stealth question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Stealth question

So I have a Crate Stealth 50 watt head. I'm trying to find the specs on it, but even on Crates website, they make no mention of a Stealth 50 watt head. But, on more than a few websites, they are lumping Stealth with GT50... Funny thing is, on my amp head, there is no GT anywhere. My question is, are these the same amp? Is my Stealth 50 watt tube head a GT50? I'm [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] on this one.

I'm wondering because I'd like to look at tube/modding options. Thanks in advance.
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Re: Crate Stealth question

I'm pretty sure they haven't made the Stealth for a long time. It is all tube isn't it?

Anything can be modded I believe to an extent.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yah, it's a tube amp. I think I bought it for like, 150 back in 1998 or so. I havent had the heart to get rid of it, because frankly, it's a damn fine sounding amp, not to mention a workhorse. Only thing I've had done to it since I bought it, was had the tubes replaced.

I'm just trying to get a grip on the tube types for now, but since I'm not versed in the electronics portion of amplification, I couldnt tell the difference between a EL34 and 6L6 to save my life I guess.

Comment

Just one question, if it sounds so good, why mod it?
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well, i figure I'm starting with something I dig, then I decide to take it to the next level... I spose when I have found my "Holy Grail Tone", I'll stop thinking of these types of questons [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          ... which leads us to, seek that which we already possess.

Comment

I think www.leejackson.com should have some info on it, since he designed it for them.

Comment

Yes, they are the same as the GT 50. They were two versions available, the head and a 1x12 combo. I had the combo. Great amp, nice tone at low volume. Wish I coul dhave kept mine. The sell for crazy cheap on ebay. I tried selling mine here, but no takers. I sold it on ebay for like 200.00. That really is a steal for an all tube amp of that quality, but apparently, no one likes them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wouldn't mess with it, but hey, whatever flips your burger.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Thanks for the link to Lee's site, my manual is in the mail. AlexL, I agree. For the price I paid, it's amazing. I jam with a friend who plays a Schecter/PRS thru a triple rec, and he can't even believe my tone sounds every bit as good as his. I would like to mention, for those who havent tried them yet, the 4X12 B52 400 watt cab is an asskicker, and also a steal at $399 US. Thats pretty much my entire rig, add a delay, chorus, wah, and my Soloist. Beauty in simplicity in this case I like to think...

Comment

Working...
                X