Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small tube amps for room practise/metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Small tube amps for room practise/metal?

Usually an 'all in one' modelling amp like a Spider II combo or the Vox are going to kick ass on your pod 2.0 setup. Go to a store and try one, I think you'll be surprised. Are you wanting a tube amp for low volume playing for the actual sound or to be trendy?

Pete

Comment

For the sound. I took care of the trend with my POD already :P
      I have a 40 watts solid state Peavey. I won't need anything else much better SS wise. I want to try something new.

Comment

Well, I can't really think of anything that's going to touch the Mesa .22+ then for tube and low wattage, but it's still amazingly loud. Just buy whatever tube amp you want and don't crank it would be my advice.

Pete

Comment

Do you guys get Tech 21 products in Europe? I'd recommend the Trademark 10, it's not tube, but sounds great.

Comment

I second the trademark 10 and Chuck has spoken highly about the Roland...
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I've never seen any of the trademark stuff but I think I may be able to find one.
              I think I'll get the Laney. With good tubes put in it won't be bad hopefully, and well for that price... Some pedals and the trick should be there.

Comment

quite a good price for that laney here i think http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=9545

looks like not a bad amp, wouldn't mind getting one myself!
                cheers

Comment

If you want a cheap tube amp for home practice for metal you should look at getting a Crate VC508 and a Boss Metal Zone.
                  If you have more money to spend you certainly need to look at the Mesa Boogie Studio .22

Comment

That's right Pete..

I was just going to post about the 30wt Line 6 Spider...but you already did it for me.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dude , I play a Uberschall and a kick ass Marshall rig...I play NOTHING but metal...

If you want Zakk Wylde crunch and squeals and COB - like stuff ..like I do...

and you can't do it with this $200 Spider and kick ass about it...then you just ....well ...suck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This little fucker kicks ass..most bang for the buck there is...and killer built in effects too...phaser'chorus/flange/delay/reverb/tremelo , and all easily tweakable.

and you can get the first VH lp / "Eruption" so nailed ...it's pretty sick!

it has pretty clean and crunch channels too...but who cares! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

+1

Comment

I use a Peavey Bravo, 25w. currently loaded with JJs (2) EL84s and (3) ECC83Ss, stock Eminence 12" speaker. these are tone machines, most people don't even know about em. still pretty cheap 220-300, getting harder to find
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

why not try and look out for a second hand Marshall TSL combo, i played through one a few weeks ago and it seemed to do the job at low volume levels.
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

the roland micro cube is a great small bedroom amp. i know it doesn't have any tubes. but tubes and low vol don't mix.
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Yeah guys, I came to this conclusion too. I decided to do a little sacrifice.

Good bye the neighbours' tranquility [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I think it'll probably be Laney LC15 (non reverb version) with a clean boost and maybe a good distorsion pedal that won't rape my sound. Cheers for the tips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know if you would consider it, but back in the day I had a Marshall JCM900 1x12. That thing screamed and could pump out pure liquid distortion at very low levels. It was also plenty loud when you needed it to be. I don't know what they are going for these days.

Mike
                                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                                X