Carvin MTS3200 LIVE review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carvin MTS3200 LIVE review

All you have to do is remove the rear panel, pop out the 6L6's, pop in the EL34's and flip the bias switch to EL34.

I wish my Single Rectifier head was a series II. Those have a bias switch as well.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Ok, sounds great, i might order it tonigt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

And btw, if i wanna replace the preamp tubes, what would be a good choice?
        Sorry i dont know crap about things like this...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          And btw, if i wanna replace the preamp tubes, what would be a good choice?
          Sorry i dont know crap about things like this...

[/ QUOTE ]
          Bob at Eurotubes has a complete retube kit specially picked designed for the MTS3200. All you do is order the kit, open up the back of your MTS, pop the tubes in, flip the bias switch to EL34 and you are good to go.

Comment

Man, I may try one of these also, but am waiting to hear the Carvin V# first. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Man, I may try one of these also, but am waiting to hear the Carvin V# first. Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]
              The V "something" is probably gonna be real sweet. I am very happy with my MTS which is unusual because I am very picky when it comes to tube amps.

Comment

How much does the eurotubes kit cost?

Comment

A full tube kit is around $120.00. Power tubes only is around $60.00. You can check their website at www.eurotubes.com

Comment

thanks a lot!

I think i retube the whole thing then.
                    I hope the amp isn´t sold yet, i think i´m gonna go for it!

Comment

Any more opinions on this amp?
                      Should i buy this or an old jcm800 2204?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Any more opinions on this amp?
                        Should i buy this or an old jcm800 2204?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were the same cost I would most certainly buy the 2204. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        In the states, you can buy 2 MTS 3200's for the price of 1 2204.

Comment

The 2204 would probably cost a little more, but not that much more...

How would the 20 year old marshall hold up, i´m a little scared about that, but should i get it anyway?

I would certainly replace all the tubes no matter which of them i bought.

Comment

In that case, I would go for the 2204. It has much better resale value and is a standard in regards to Marshall amps. Its considered by Marshall players as one of the best. Reliability is not an issue providing you maintain it.

Comment

jgcable wrote: "The Legacy is louder but nobody plays that loud.
                              If they both cost the same I would choose the Legacy for 2 reasons: resale value and I like the chicken head knobs on it."

chicken knobs...a bit like a woman buying a car ain'tcha [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] only thing that matters is the colour! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

awul lot of praise for these amps...it'd be fun to try one out for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X