Just A Pic of My Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just A Pic of My Rig

The processor is an Ibanez SDR 1000+. It is from the 80's and sounds great. And for the money - you can pick them up for about $125 - there is nothing close. Stereo dual processor 24 bit with tap delay and reverb.

Thats all I use - reverb and a little bit of delay. I try not to color the sound. I like to get tone from fighting with my guitar with my fingers. I prefer to use technique over a processor to get harmonics and such.

PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Just A Pic of My Rig

I am really diggin that rig. I bet it sounds fantastic.
    What do you use on the floor in regards to pedals or switchers?

Comment

I have my favorite setting on the SDR 1000 so I don't switch that up too often.

On the Framus I use a midi since it is capable of that which is one of its really cool features.

The Bag Ends are killer speakers. Warm and not shrill at all. Full sounding. They can take 400 watts continuous power and 1600 peaks. A little more than I need really but they are nice. Suckers are 80 lbs. a piece.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

those are cool looking amps. I'd be a bit paranoid of that dropping off the cab the way its sitting there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Speakers are figgen rock solid. No on messes with the rig so I don't worry about that.

If you saw it from the top the speakers are way thicker than the amp head - plenty of room.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

any sound clips of your framus?

Comment

Don't have any clips but I can tell you it is killer.

There are some clips on the web and you can find them on some previous threads in this forum.

You have to have a Framus rebiased. I think they come 22-25 or something and I got it rebiased to 35. They are cleaner sounding and less harsh. Not that they are bad to start with but getting one rebiased makes it sound fantastic. Brings out the magic of this amp.

Sounds great. Lots of clarity and sustain, chunk, harmonics, etc...

Clean channel is great. 2nd channel is just awesome. 3rd channel is a little more spongy and compressed than the 2nd channel. I usually just use the 2nd channel because it is so good. The crunch is second to none and the harmonics and clarity are spectacular.

Check out the reviews on harmony-central.com

I took a chance buying it and it paid off. They are great amps. Just kills the Mesa and Marshall stuff I use to have. No comparison.

You have to play with it also to find out how to set it. I finally figured out how I like it after owning it for about 1 1/2 years! I have the treble turned down to about 3, the mids up and the base at 10. Its very clear and harmonics just jump out at you. Notes ring like a bell and cuts through the mix easily.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
              X