Mesa Triaxis - Any users out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa Triaxis - Any users out there?

I'd love to hear a 570. Anyone on the board have one?

Comment

I had a version 2 without the fat mod. It is the sought after one that they made. I really got to hate it after awhile. It sounds way to processed and almost like there is a blanket over your cabinets. I also didnt like it in a live situation, doesnt cut through the mix well at all.
      I wouldnt spend the money they are asking for it. I had the triaxis and the 290 poweramp going to a g force into 2 mesa 4+12 recto cabs. I really think there are alot better preamps out there. I say dont waste your time with it. I had one for at least 4 years and like I said really got to hate it. Plus its a pain in the ass to get a good preset. Takes alot of tweaking. If your looking for that recto tone dont think you will get it with the triaxis. It will not get that heavy sound.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Jeff Loomis used one for the longest time ...he recorded the first two Nevermore albums with the Triaxis I believe..and that sounds heavy as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

off-topic: no, he didn't. i don't exactly know what he used for the self titled album (supposedly it was some type of solid state amp), but he used a mark IV with a 1960BV cab for both in memory and politics of ecstacy. afaik dreaming neon black was recorded with a triaxis/2:90 setup, though.
        later albums featured dual/triple rectos (two channels) boosted by a TS9.

Comment

Working...
        X