F-100 vs. 5150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F-100 vs. 5150

If you look hard enough, you can find deals on cabinets. I bought a used Recto 4x12 for $500 from a used shop. Although a little beat, it certainly serves it's purpose for me.

Comment

Hello. 1 thing you should know is that the Boogie's are loud ! I gig with the F 50 and to get it to sound good (to me) I have to have the master around 10 or 11 o clock. Most
      clubs won't let you play that loud. The red and contour channels are great but do not sound anything like the 5150. I use a Keeley DS 1 with my set up and it can get
      pretty chunky but nowhere near the 5150 (IMO). I also feel that you don't have to dial up the 5150 (or JSX for that matter) that high (on the volume) to get a decent (heavy) sound. I do not spend much time on the green (clean) channel but agree with what everyone is saying. Sounds quite nice.
      Good luck.

Comment

My F-30 definitely gets loud and can be heard over a loud drummer, but it also sounds fantastic at low volumes when playing in my living room or basement by myself.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Have you checked out the peavey JSX. Although it may be off-putting to some to have satriani's name all over the thing, it sounds great and is roughly the same price as the 5150. Really tight gain channel, i was blown away by how well it articulated shred guitar. Then again it may not be what youre looking for. But check it out none the less.
          www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

The 5150 is and has been my second choice for a while. If I can't get the recto tone, then the 5150 was my next amp choice. They're both heavy sounding amps. I love how the recto doesn't need a whole lot of gain to be menacing. It's just ballsy any way you put it. My favorite recto sound is on the Damnation and a Day record, the beginning of "Promise of Fever".

Comment

There is an F-50 head for sale on this site (I am thinking about getting it) for a great price IMO check it out
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
              X