Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MArshall TSL 100

[ QUOTE ]
    You also have to ask yourself which foo fighters sound and which weezer sound exactly you looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I "really" have to do that?

Ehh, Played and owned DSLs, Played TSLs. Overpriced and underbuilt. Marshall is a ghost of their former selves. Sad, as i used to be a die hard Marshall guy. I thought the 900s were bad, but Marshall set a new low with the DSLs, haha...

Plenty of better amps out there for around the same coins as what Marshalls are new.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      You also have to ask yourself which foo fighters sound and which weezer sound exactly you looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I "really" have to do that?

Ehh, Played and owned DSLs, Played TSLs. Overpriced and underbuilt. Marshall is a ghost of their former selves. Sad, as i used to be a die hard Marshall guy. I thought the 900s were bad, but Marshall set a new low with the DSLs, haha...

Plenty of better amps out there for around the same coins as what Marshalls are new.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree and disagree with you. The DSL/TSL are much better then the 900's, they got some good tone back and both these amps can sound great with the right tweeking a fresh tube change. I agree with you that Marshall is a ghost of its former self and they do need to do alot to get back to where they were. Lucky that you can get marshalls at a good price on ebay, now i am not sure, but i think the amps are still made in england and distrubuted here by korg. If this is true they could cut back there costs by opening a plant here in the USA and with the money they save the could bring back up the quality! Now if they allready have a plant here then i dont know what there problem is.

Comment

I still like My Marshal 9200 w 5881s and JMP-1 ..w/ the JFX-1...I will NEVER get rid of it...

I think that smokes the DSL / TSL ...I couldn't get anything worthy out of it for my taste..but I need a buzzsaw for what I like to do...METAL!

The Uber does that just fine.

JMP-1s are going for that much now...and I thought 700 was too much for what it is..

but I still do enjoy playing mine..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Aobut the Mesa's. I do love the Modern sound. BUt not for my music. It's too new metallish. Now the vintage and raw moeds are pretty decent, but why buy mesa for this, right?I played through Single rec for some time, and it did not do well.

So i am really thinking of getting the PSA-1 over the TSL?
          What do you think? For the rock/hard rock type of sound. I will try it out of course, but need some general idea from you guys.
          I will chain it with a SS poweramp and run TC-Gmajor in FX loop.
          Thru VIntage 30's(4x12).
          The greenbacks i dont like. They are way to muddy, for my taste!
          The vintage's are grat.

Hey, cleve, what about the use of full range (from tech 21) speakers with the PSA-1?

I had a slight opportunity to buy a 6100 once but someone beat me to it. I'm still craving for that amp. It was very cheap...
          I am also buying a new guitar. GODIN. I hope that one doesn't get away....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Aobut the Mesa's. I do love the Modern sound. BUt not for my music. It's too new metallish. Now the vintage and raw moeds are pretty decent, but why buy mesa for this, right?I played through Single rec for some time, and it did not do well.

So i am really thinking of getting the PSA-1 over the TSL?
            What do you think? For the rock/hard rock type of sound. I will try it out of course, but need some general idea from you guys.
            I will chain it with a SS poweramp and run TC-Gmajor in FX loop.
            Thru VIntage 30's(4x12).
            The greenbacks i dont like. They are way to muddy, for my taste!
            The vintage's are grat.

Hey, cleve, what about the use of full range (from tech 21) speakers with the PSA-1?

I had a slight opportunity to buy a 6100 once but someone beat me to it. I'm still craving for that amp. It was very cheap...
            I am also buying a new guitar. GODIN. I hope that one doesn't get away....

[/ QUOTE ]

Single Rec's are a different breed then the newer 3 channel duals. As to the others i have never tried them so i cant help you there.

Horns,

I paid like $325 for my JMP and would never sell it now, i agree though i would never pay that much for a new one.

Comment

Working...
            X