Recommend me a cheap power amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a cheap power amp

Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap solid state power amp? Something around $150 or less is ideal but I'll push it up to $200 if I have to...Lookin for something that can do at least 80 watts per side at 8 ohms...Thanks guys!

Re: Recommend me a cheap power amp

Have you checked out Carvin? I've got a DCM150 that I really love. New it's $229.99, but I'm sure you can find one cheaper on ebay. http://www.carvin.com/products/dcmseries.php
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Rocktron Velocities are usually very cheap............

Comment

Rocktron Velocity 100 +1

Comment

I've seen TUBE Peavey classic 50/50s for $200 and change. Something to think about. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I've seen TUBE Peavey classic 50/50s for $200 and change. Something to think about. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the Carvin T-100
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Check out this Nady power amp, power wise this amp is a bit overkill but hell you dont have to turn it all the way up and you will have plenty of headroom. These amps got great reviews and later on you can always use it if you decide to go the PA route. I just got the 2100 for $318 shipped and plan on using it for my pa system, 2100 watts of power baby with the one i got..... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/482052/

Comment

Thanks for the replies dudes! That Nady one is definitely an option! That's one of those brands that never even popped into my head and I was hoping a few people might have named some of those! Thanks again fellas, looks like it'll either be a Carvin DCM150/600 or one of these Nady bad boys...Just gotta check if it has 1/4" speaker outputs because a lot of the stuff I've found just has binding posts which is no good for me...

Comment

Bad news is it does have binding post ( i opened mine up), but i dont see why that is a problem. Me i just take a speaker cable and cut it in half, all it is like a normal car stereo/home stereo speaker wire on the inside. By cutting it in half that way you actualy get two speaker cables with a 1/4 on each end and normal speaker on the other ends.

Comment

The only reason I want to avoid binding post outputs is because I don't feel like buying more cables to use when I feel like using an amp head instead of the rack setup....I dunno why barely anyone puts 1/4" outputs on their poweramps, its ridiculously inconvenient to have to chop your cables up rather than plugging them into a jack...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      The only reason I want to avoid binding post outputs is because I don't feel like buying more cables to use when I feel like using an amp head instead of the rack setup....I dunno why barely anyone puts 1/4" outputs on their poweramps, its ridiculously inconvenient to have to chop your cables up rather than plugging them into a jack...

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but if you want to run two speakers parrallel then having binding posts are alot easier, unless you have a speaker with a pass through.

Comment

I own a Nady XA-900 and my only complaint is that the fans are noisy. Keep that in mind if you are playing at practice levels.

Comment

Working...
                        X