Akai DSP16 Personal Studio Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akai DSP16 Personal Studio Recorder

I got one of these from a friend. Its from 2000 so it does not have the on board CD Burner like the DSP24.

But it was a $2600 unit and I paid $450 for it.

This thing has awesome internal effects. I was playing with it last night. Just learned how to record and play along with tunes on it.

The sound quality is fantastic - I have 3 effects on my guitar - Distortion, Multi Tap Delay and Reverb (Auditorium). I can't believe how good it sounded in the headphones.

Anyway, anyone know of a good inexpensinve external CD burner that I can hook up to it?
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Akai DSP16 Personal Studio Recorder

You should be able to run it into your computer with line out's I'm guessing (never seen one up close and personal). You may have to update your soundcard though.

Comment

I had one of those. Get a PLEXTOR External. They are the best and work best with that unit.

Comment

$450!?! DAMN that's a sweet deal [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

There's a guy on Ebay that has drives that are guaranteed to work with the DPS units. I picked up a second DPS12 from Ebay a while back to go with the one I bought a few years ago (paid $900 from AMS - Open Box Special) and it had the FX board and the IDE conversion kit that you can find on Ebay already in it with a 60GB drive.
        I've got to order a replacement LCD screen for my first one since I got one with the defective screen (blackout) and didn't find out they were factory defects until last year - waaaay after the warranty dried up [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I love my DPS12, and once I get the screen for the other one, I'll love having 24 digital tracks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, by the way, you can control the DPS12 and 16 via MIDI using an Akai program called MESA (freeware, I uploaded it to my site here - http://autumn-frost.com/jcf/mesa2v2.zip - RightClick, Save As...). I tried using a USB MIDI cable (MIDISport) but it never recognized the DPS, so I had to use my SoundCard MIDI adaptor and it works fine. You can set track EQ and Faders and assign Inputs and such with it, as well as set Punch In/Out times and whatnot.
        The only thing you can't do (so far) is set the deep internal settings like MTC and such.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X