Twisteramp Preamp Pedals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisteramp Preamp Pedals??

Just curious, how many JCF'rs have one of Pete's killer preamp pedals?
    I have 2 now (one is on the way).
    The Mushroom Cloud
    The USAF

Re: Twisteramp Preamp Pedals??

I wish I had one... Someone was too quick on the trigger yesterday
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

U snooze, U looze... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i have one as well.

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I got one also. The nuke boost like yours John. That and the SLO and all is right with the world.
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sully! The Sideshow Bob pedal is awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks. pete asked me what pic i wanted on there. had to go with bob. he did a pedal with bender on it for someone, and it looked great.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Here's a soundclip of one of the preamp pedals boosting a Soldano HR50+

http://members.cox.net/vht50/soldanopedalsolo.mp3

Some pics of other pedals I built with that preamp circuit...

The 'RoboGain'

My first prototype (built on perfboard, with two transistor sockets - I used it to test the transistors for noise and gain before I soldered em up in the pedals)

I also did one I called the 'spongebob squareamp' that had yes, spongebob on it. Can't find a pic of it though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

No way...
                  I have visited Tulsa and I didn't hear anyone shred like you [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, that sounded great. I know this is probably a silly question, but how often do you make those pedals and what is the cost? ($35.00 yesterday seemed freaky low...I think I spent that much on the barbeque and and my girlfriend had for dinner yesterday, lol!)
                  I want one!

Comment

Are they all the same, are they tubescreamer knockoffs or preamps?
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Okay, this will most likely be a stupid question, but what do these pedals do Pete? Clean boost for solos? Overdrive to slam the front end of your amp?

Comment

I think John is using one in a fx loop, not sure. They give a clean boost at low settings, and more drive as you turn em up. They use Jfets (a type of transistor) and aren't much at all like a tube screamer. A tube screamer has a clipping circuit built into it - this doesn't.

The clip I posted was an overdriven soldano pushed a little further with the pedal in front. It was recorded at a fairly low volume but had TONS of gain.

Pete

Comment

I build a batch of em every now and then (like cookies, lol). If you're interested in getting one, email me at [email protected] because I didn't mean for this to turn into a spam thread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Oh you just HAVE to do one up like a can of Spam [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I use mine in the effects loop for solo boost. It is perfect perfect perfect. Absolutely the best preamp solo boost pedal I have ever owned (and I have had most of them!!). If you put it in front of a tube amp that needs a little or alot more gain this pedal really shines.
                              I will promote it. It kicks. Its hard to compare it to any other preamp pedals out there but if I was forced to I would say it sounds like a cross between a Keeley modded DOD 250/YJM308 and a Zack Wylde preamp but with better jacks, pots and case. Anything under $100.00 for one of these pedals is a steal. I'm not kidding. I'm talking boutique baby. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X