Laney cabs any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney cabs any good?

I´m going to try (and perhaps buy) a jcm 800 2210 toinght, and now i need a cab.
    I found a very cheap laney "gs412v" in mint condition.
    I tried to figure out what it was at laneys website, but couln´t find that much.

But from what i understand, this would be one of the better laney cabs, right?
    And would it sound good with the jcm800?

Re: Laney cabs any good?

I got a Laney AOR series 412 from Subvamp about a year and a half ago, I think it sounds great. I use it with a Dual Rectifier.

Comment

Laney cabinets are great. Go for it. It should sound great with a 2210.
      My prediction... once you try the 2210 you will buy it.

Comment

Yeah, I've been using Laney cabs for years. I prefer them. The older AOR series cabs have Celestion G12s in them and sound smoother than the newer Laneys that have a different spearker....the new ones are a bit harsh. The way you can tell is that the older cabs have the metal grill and Laney plate logo, and the newer ones have fabric fronts and the Laney name very large. Kinda like the old Marshall script logos and the new Marshal logos.

Comment

i had a white laney cab with metal grill with celestion 75's in it and it sounded great, but since i am not a huge fan of the 75's i sold it, but i tell you it was built better then alot of the marshall cabs i see.

Comment

2 hours from now i´m going to buy the jcm800 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            As long as the amp is alright, i will be ordering the cab tonight, any more opinions on the cab before i get it?

Comment

Yea, bring a change of shorts because you are gonna crap yourself when you hear how great the 2210 sounds.

Comment

Does anybody know the ohm of this cab btw?

Comment

bump.
                  Any more opinions about the cab?

Comment

I have the older AOR cab. Very heavy cab constructed of particle board, but, still, for cheap..not a bad cab. I am replacing the baffle and the back with birch ply. I would say the cab is probably 8 ohms but I am not certain of the GS412V.

Comment

Are the new ones particle board as well?

Comment

couldn't tell ya, but you can email Laney Cust support for more details before you purchase..they are usually very good about replying within a few days and trying to help.

I found used HK cabs are a pretty good buy. I think even the ones that are to matchup to their solid state lines like the Attax are all birch ply and usually can be found for a decent price. 400 watts handling, stereo/mono..loaded with celestion G75's. I bought mine at a GC for 250.00 used.
                        Birch ply seems to have a little more top end crisp and tightness to it-could be the G75s tho too.

Comment

have a gs412p, decent, but the voicing is not my thing, has HH vintage drivers. I agree on the "harsh" comment, I am selling it here in the netherlands, because it is not my thing I guess. building quality is as far as I know at least OK.

Harrald

Comment

i just found a marshall 1960 with g12-80 speakers for just a little more money, so i´m going with that instead, but thanks for the great help anyway [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X