Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genz Benz GFlex: Opinions?

Hey folks,
    I've been looking at a Genz Benz GFlex lately, and I wanted to see what the general concensus was with them. Fritz had one, and it had a killer tone, but I was wondering how they hold up for travel, gigging, if they crank up well or get boomy, etc.

Re: Genz Benz GFlex: Opinions?

I dont find they are boomy at all...I love my gflex paired with my fireball....

Although, I have heard quite a few folks who werent happy with them...My opinion is that its kinda a dark cab, I think as long as you pair it with a bright head, you will get a decent sound

Comment

Hey Tony, I just paired up the Laney PL 100 I got from you with a GB2x12 and it kicks! I can see where it would be boomy with some tube amps, but with this Laney,it smokes. I would recommend it with anything,it seems to be a good cabinet......................................
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I power mine with a Randall RM100 (MTS series) head. It sounds good with any of the 11 modules I have. Very good clean & dirty. Has a lot of bottom end yet with the Fender type modules keeps the nice chimey sparkle.
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Working...
        X