Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss GT-6

[ QUOTE ]
    I looked at the effects chain order on the GT-6 and I think the default setting is that the wah is "placed" right after the guitar.

I should try putting it into the effects return instead of straight into the front input. However, I'm basically using my GT-6 as my "preamp" and getting ALL my sounds out of it. Seems like you're doing the same thing except you're plugging into the effects return. I'll remember to try it next time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Man, I REALLY need to join that GT-6 forum I've been meaning to read up on for two years. There's still so much I don't know about the unit but there's so little time in a day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I joined the forum a year ago and learned tons of tricks and tips. By putting the GT6 in the effects return instead of the input you bypass all your amps EQ. None of the controls on the front of your amp will work. You will now control all of your EQ including your volume from the GT6. The little volume control on the front edge of the GT6 becomes your Master volume. Now... turn off all the cabinet modeling on all of your patches and reset them up using the actual amp (or a similar one) that your playing through. Also make sure your setting is set to Stack Return or Combo Return. I know a ton about the GT6 and I can pull off just about anything. If you have any questions please let me know!! John G

Comment

I have the gt-6 and am trying to get some good tones out of it. I'm using it in the effects loop of my fender deville 4x10. So far I'm not having much luck.

I'd love to hear any tips you have.
      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I have the gt-6 and am trying to get some good tones out of it. I'm using it in the effects loop of my fender deville 4x10. So far I'm not having much luck.

I'd love to hear any tips you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frosty, follows these basic steps to start off with:
        1. Plug a cable from your GT6 mono output (left) into the effects return on your amp. Just 1 cable.
        2. Turn off all cabinet modeling on all the patches that you use
        3. Make sure the output setting on the GT6 is set to Stack or Combo Return.
        4. Now try dialing in some patches.
        Your welcome!!!!

Comment

I have been diggin my Gt-6 for over a year or so and find it sounds pretty damn good. Since I have been living in Apts, I cant really crank up the volume or own a real amp. So to substitute I just run the Gt-6 right into some semi cheapy monitor speakers. It still sounds good but I cant turn it up overly loud even if I wanted. (dont think the speakers can handle the bass end).

Anyways I'm always trying to find or create better metal distortion. So far I have not been able to replace my 2 main patchs I created. Thanx for the heads up on the Gt-6 forum. I gotta lot of reading to do.

One question, so how do you get the downloaded patchs off your computer and on to your Gt-6?

Comment

Via the midi port on the GT6. You need to either have a midi port on your computer sound card or you need to buy the adapter that goes from USB to midi. I have never downloaded patches into my GT6.

Comment

Jgcable, man, thanks for the tip. I tried it today... man, what a rippin' tone. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I felt so inspired that I recorded some videos and posted them in the MP3 section. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I want to get a GT-6 soon. I FUCKING LOVE Maiden England, and i'ts sound, can't wait to get the DVD of it next year in part II of there new DVDs.

Adrians guitar sound is so fucking awesome, it is because this concert that my dream guitar is his white with black pickguard Jackson strat!

Comment

how can I use the GT-6 and still use the Marshall distortion some times?

Comment

Get one. You will love it. I programmed the solo for the song Hemmorage which is a very effect driven solo on my GT6 and you really can't tell the difference between my patch and the recorded version. I am now working on the harmony dual guitar solo in Don't tell me you love me by Nightranger.

Comment

Still using a GT-3, myself. Can't seem to justify upgrading to the 6 or 8, since I'm not playing live now. Always killer going into a tube amp, though.

Comment

HOW CAN I USE THE GT-6 WITH THE DISTORTION OF THE AMP?

Comment

Its called the 4 cable method. You can read about it on the Boss GT6 forum. You can also hit 2 buttons on the GT-6 and the preamps turn off so you can use it as an effects processor in the loop of your amp. oh yea... turn your caps off bro.

Comment

Working...
                          X