Thinking about using the XT Live thru the PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking about using the XT Live thru the PA

I played a PODxt Live and then a Boss GT-8 thru the PA at church. Worked fine. It is a very versatile setup. I definitely preferred the Boss GT-8 to the PODxt Live, though. The ability to use 2 amps at once is awesome.

Comment

Yea, I would like to get a GT-8 eventually depending on how nice the GT6 works out. I have a few gigs coming up to try it on. Plus my band is probably going to do some open mic night stuff to try out our material so the GT6 will come in handy for sure for that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i'm heading over to the line 6 site now, gonna buy the metal shop model pack. i remember a while back reading some guys were talking about these amps that were coming out designed specifically for modelers, such as xt live, that would perfectly reproduce what you hear in headphones without losing any gain or tone at extremely loud volumes. if this is in fact true i am definitely buying one cuz i get very nasty sounding tones out of this thing, and you can't beat the versatility. i did run the xt live straight to a board once and it lost a lot of it's balls. this will need to be rectified!

[/ QUOTE ]
        The Tech21 power engines do exactly that. They are supposed to just amplify whatever you plug into them without "coloring" the sound. That would work for an onstage monitor.
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I have the Podxt and a FBV Shortboard.. this is the better combination, as it has all the Pod sounds, can use the online library (xtlive cannot) and has two outputs..
          Granted it is a little more than the XT live 250+250 Retail but it is a much more versital setup, you could buy the Longboard, its 100 more but has way more options and has the "favorite patch" button that always returns to the same patch, if you have one you use more than others...

I use mine in church through a powered monitor and mic it so that I can use the Cab Modelers....
          The Line 6 edit program is the shit by the way...It basically allows you to mad science anysound...
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

actually the online library now does support the XT live.

also the xt live has 3 outputs just like both pod series.
            left and right main, and headphone (headphone stays studio direct AFAIR) and i've found that when going through the front of an amp the output switch on the back should be set to "amp" and when going through FX return it should be set to "line".
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

^^ I was just going by what they said in an earlier post...
              They upgraded to now use the library? thats great, there are some awesome patches on there... I really like the "Heavenless Solo" I may post a couple of mine...
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

One of the places we play at makes me keep my stage volume so low that I can't even hear myself from my amp with all the other racket going on. Fourtunately, they have great monitors. Next time we play there, I'm gonna use my XT Live direct. Why haul a halfstack to a gig when you can bring the briefcase sized Line6? I've never played any of the BOSS modelers, but I dig the XT Live. It's miles ahead of my J-Station so I'm happy.

Comment

i wouldn't run it direct unless
                  a) you are the only guitarist in the band or
                  b) both you and the other guitarist have one.

i just don't think it would sound right with 1 guitar pod direct and the other a real amp mic'd
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

You never heard our other guitar player. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] His "tone" is brutal. Here's what he uses: guitar > V-Amp > Crate SS head > Crate 4x12 w/way too much delay and reverb. I'm thinking the XT Live would work just fine. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I see where you are coming from though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You never heard our other guitar player. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] His "tone" is brutal. Here's what he uses: guitar > V-Amp > Crate SS head > Crate 4x12 w/way too much delay and reverb. I'm thinking the XT Live would work just fine. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I see where you are coming from though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you mean...lol...

I am also the only guitarist in the band, so I"m looking forward to using this thing, though gigs with the new band are a few months away atm.

Comment

so now that you've had it for a while, Vic, how about a comprehensive review? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          i wouldn't run it direct unless
                          a) you are the only guitarist in the band or
                          b) both you and the other guitarist have one.

i just don't think it would sound right with 1 guitar pod direct and the other a real amp mic'd

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they have a mic'd cab simulation? What about using that with a mic'd amp?

[ QUOTE ]
                          You never heard our other guitar player. His "tone" is brutal. Here's what he uses: guitar > V-Amp > Crate SS head > Crate 4x12 w/way too much delay and reverb. I'm thinking the XT Live would work just fine. I see where you are coming from though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God, I am so sorry. Just think, in a few months that Crate will crack anyway. I've never seen one stand up for very long when they're moved around alot. Why didn't he just buy a Line6 in the first place? I'm guessing he's one of the guitarists that thinks volume is tone. There's worse, try an Ibanez amp. Been there, fired that.

Comment

Ok, i've had it for just on a week now, and I've played with it a bit and it's been a rewarding experience.

I've got some great usable base tones out of it and now I'm going through our song list to see what else I might want to use, sound wise.

I built my own general distortion patch using an SLO 100, which is not a bad way to start I'm sure.

Last Wednesday I already took it to the new bands first rehearsal and plugged it into the power amp of the Vavlestate that was there and it was all good. This is going to rock.

Comment

Working...
                            X