Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good price for a Single Recto Solo 50....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good price for a Single Recto Solo 50....

I went to a pawn shop today and I found a single recto in awesome condition, Marshall 1960b cab that cosmeticly is beat but is said to work, a Schecter diamond series 7 string, and a few junk pedals and guitar stands all for $1000. They said they didn't want to break them up but they just called me last night and said they would take an offer on the amp and cab. I'm going down on wed. to try it out and get a better look. What do you think a good offer will be? I have a good idea what they're worth but I don't think these guys do and I want to get the amp and cab as cheap as possible. Opinions please.

Re: good price for a Single Recto Solo 50....

That head is worth $800 alone, maybe more. I'd say go for the whole lot and unload what you don't want on Ebay. THe Schecter should be worht a bit as well.

I'd offer him $650 for the head and cab. If he thinks the whole lot is worth $1000 then $650 - $700 seems fair for just the head and cab.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Head, cab, guitar, pedals, stands for $1,000?!? I also say buy the whole lot and sell off the others... you'll definitely come out ahead. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree, you can get at least 800 for the head, 400 for the cab and probaly 200 for the guitar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Head, cab, guitar, pedals, stands for $1,000?!? I also say buy the whole lot and sell off the others... you'll definitely come out ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Hell yeah man. Fuck, the stack itself would be a steal at that price! I second the buy it all. It sounds as if he doesn't know what anything's worth at all. I'll bet you could come out with a nice halfstack at $600. Also (a little tip that I learned on the forum here) pull out the cash right there on the spot. Six hundred bucks looks much prettier in front of you than in the imagination.

Comment

$800 is about the outside edge of what that head will bring, but I agree it's still a good deal.

Comment

Assuming there are no major issues you are looking at at least $1400.00 resale for all that gear.
              I would offer them $900.00 for everything and settle at $950.00 out the door. You could sell everything except for the amp and cabinet for at least $300.00 which would net you a Single Rectifier and a 1960B cab for $650.00!!!
              Not to shabby Tom. If you need a business partner ...lol... let me know!!!!!

Comment

Where was that pawn shop again? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I hate to be a "me too" poster, but I agree: that is an amazing deal on everything, grab it all and flip what you don't need. And cash definately talks at a pawn shop. Pull nine bills out of your pocket and tell the guy that's what you've got on you if he wants to sell.

Comment

WOW!
                    Great deal.
                    So if they were offering the half stack, pedals and the Schecter guitar for $1000 and now want only the amp and the cab, I'd say $700?
                    Not sire but why not just grab everything fro $1000 and resell the stuff you don't need?
                    Maybe you will get $600 for the cab,pedals and the guitar and keep the amp head.
                    That would make the amp like...... $400!!!
                    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I want the amp and cab. I just don't feel like selling all the other stuff to get some money back. I don't have a lot of cash to throw around right now so I'd rather just get the amp and cab cheap. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

$1000 is a good deal for just the head and cab (I've sold two of these heads this year so I know). So just consider the guitar and pedals a bonus. And you can sell them when you want. Hell, you might like the Schecter anyway and decide to keep it.
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

What kind of Diamond Series 7-string is it anyway? I just got a 007 Elite and love the thing! Buy it and sell it to me cheap. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So, did you get it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Guess what...someone backdoored me! I talked to them saturday night when they were closing and they told me not one person had expressed any interest. They were closed until today 9am. I got there at around 11:45 and someone had already came in and bought it. Now keep in mind this a little junk store in the ghetto that only cheapskates and old ladies go to. What are the chances of someone coming in and buying it? At least they didn't get the deal I was going to get...they said the guy paid $1500. Oh well, I never was a Mesa guy anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X