ROCKTRON EFFECTS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROCKTRON EFFECTS??

<font color="yellow">I just got Rocktron's Xpression rack unit in during lunch, and only had a few moments to check it out and put it in the rack.

The specs are very comparable and similar to those of the G-Major, and in one review I seen, is more solidly built.

Anybody have any experience with Rocktron effects?? This unit??

Thanks.</font>

Re: ROCKTRON EFFECTS??

I used an Intellifex for years. It was great. Rocktron has always made nice stuff. Their Velocity 100 power amp is outstanding for the price.

Comment

I had two different Intellifex's back in the day. They never did anything for me, but other people got them to sound really good. I picked up a G-Force 7-8 years ago and haven't looked at guitar processors since.
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I had two different Intellifex's back in the day. They never did anything for me, but other people got them to sound really good. I picked up a G-Force 7-8 years ago and haven't looked at guitar processors since.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a first generation standard blackfaced Intellifex. I used it with a Carvin T100 power amp and a Carvin Quad X preamp. I really didn't use too many effects at the time but I liked the warmth of the Intellifex. It was also very quiet.

Comment

How's the newer Rocktron import stuff compared to the old USA line?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i owned a prophesy for a few months and i gotta say i was very impressed by the effects, i loved the stereo delay stuff.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a first generation standard blackfaced Intellifex. I used it with a Carvin T100 power amp and a Carvin Quad X preamp. I really didn't use too many effects at the time but I liked the warmth of the Intellifex. It was also very quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same one... I used it with a Triaxis and 2:90, I could just never quite get it to where I loved it. It sounded good, but I always felt like I was missing something. The delays were great, the gate was great but the modulation effects just didn't do it for me.
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I have an Xpression being used in the loop of my TriAxis... I like it but, the input/output level isn't suited very well for the mesa (adds a little noise). Gotta do something about that soon. The unit itself is great and can not be beat for the approx $300 it cost. GREAT effects and lots and LOTS of parameters to tweak!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Intellifex is awsome, dunno about Xpression, but usually Rocktron makes really good stuff.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Had an old intellifex until she died. Sounded great...
                    TIAMAT(Wild Honey)...Anyone

Comment

I haven't heard the Xpression, but it is suppose to be the latest version of the Replifex. I have a Blackface Intellifex and a Replifex in one of my racks. This combo covers just about anything. The Intellifex covers all of the reverb, delay, chorus, pitchshifting etc. The Replifex covers all of the mod stuff: phaser, flanger, rotary speaker etc. I have a ton more rocktron gear and just love it. You really can't beat it for the price.
                      Good deals with:
                      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

I recently picked up an Xpression, based on previous good experiences with the Intellifex. I'm pretty happy with it. It is more limited than the Intellifex in some ways (e.g. 2 vs. 4 voice chorus, only one versus 4 reverb modes, etc...) but is still a very nice unit. Overall you can't beat the price. I've always found Rocktron stuff to be solid and practical. They also have great customer support (I recently bought a Midi XChange which had a bad switch, and they sent me a brand new one, no questions asked, no need to send the old one back!)

Comment

Working...
                        X