Rhino Blackstar opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino Blackstar opinions

This is my quarterly post inquiring if anybody has ever owned, heard or played through one of these 50w amps.
    The Harmony Central reviews are aweful. I track them on Ebay and I have seen the same amps appear several times back up for sale. The basic complaints being "no customer service available" and mostly that they are too loud for home use. So.. has anybody ever had the "pleasure" ??

Re: Rhino Blackstar opinions

They have what is probably the shittiest website ver known to man.

http://www.rhinoamps.com/

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I know. They suck as a company but I would love to hear from somebody who actually experienced a Blackstar.

Comment

There are some guys on H/C that owned them - they also sold them really fast. I'd say put a post on the amps forum asking for owner experiences, you'll probably get an earful.

Pete

Comment

I saw Michael Angelo blow two Rhino's up in a row within 25 minutes once. Not sure which ones they were.

They sounded like nice Marshall 800s, till they exploded...

Comment

I spoke to 2 guys last night and they both are diehard Malmsteen fanatics. They both think the Blackstar 100% nails the Malmsteen tone from Rising Force and Marching out. They also said that Rhino is no longer around and did a horrible job marketing and supporting their amps. The Blackstar is basically an exact clone of Yngwie's Marshall/DOD 250 live and studio rig. I think they based it off of a #1959 Plexi. I am gonna buy one if I can get one super cheap so that I can dump it if it sucks.

Comment

The ones that MA was playing sounded great. Except for exploding onstage, they were VERY cool sounding. Classic 800.

Comment

Working...
              X