New Rack Finally Completed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rack Finally Completed!!

<font color="yellow">Well, it's 95.5% complete finally, after ordering, and waiting for some of the components. I have a newer model of the Furman coming in, and I'm putting the current one in the back of the rack for the wallwarts [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I got a 12U shock rack from a seller on E-Bay for under $400 shipped and it's a new rack. It actually looks to be of very good quality, is 3/8" construction, has a wheel kit, and has rack-rails on both ends of the rack. The foam is a high-density foam and should be fine for anything I could possibly throw at it.

Here's the components:

Furman RP-8 D Conditioner/light/power unit
    Fender Rackmount tuner
    ADA MP-1 preamp
    Rocktron Xpression
    ADA S-1000 Delay
    BBE Sonic Maximiser
    ADA Microtube 200 poweramp
    2-U rack drawer

Here's a few pics (finally got the camera to work after being chomped on by determined Boston Terrier [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I still have to program my patches and do the MIDI thing between preamp and the effects unit, but so far, it sounds great. I still have a lot of tweaking to do, but it will get there.

</font>

Re: New Rack Finally Completed!!

You tryin' to fly the space shuttle from the comfort of your living room guarded by the Min Pin O' Death? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The real question is in regards to how much it weighs! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I see you have your new Steinberger too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] And I thought I had a large and complicated rack.

Comment

<font color="yellow">NOTP...leave the Min Pin o' Death outta this [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yes...I finally have the Steinberger and I'm digging it (although Chuck Splatter has been hammering on me over it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

It's really not that heavy (less than 100 pounds).

If I move up to a tube poweramp such as the MESA 50/50 or Peavey 60/60, yeah, it will increase it a bit.

It's really not that complicated I don't think. The biggest part is gonna figure out the patches and map them with the preamp and effects to the foot switch.

The stand alone delay is just going to be used on a lead/solo patch for a little depth.

I'm psyched to finish it out and get everything how I want it. </font>

Comment

cool set-up, did you got the ADA stuff from eBay or Adadepot.com?
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

<font color="yellow">I got the MP-1 and Microtube from Brad (YetAnotherOne) and the S-1000 was a E-Bay item. </font>

Comment

Looks sweet, Sam! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I think you're preppin' to gig again but just won't admit it. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, didn't you yell at my kid for laying down his guitar like that? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Looks sweet, Sam! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I think you're preppin' to gig again but just won't admit it. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, didn't you yell at my kid for laying down his guitar like that? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Ummmm, yeah....cause ummm, oh yeah, I remember [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

1) he laid his epi on the floor face up with pressure on the headstock

and

2) the Steinberger was on TOP of my rack with no possibility of being stepped on [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, I'm kicking the idea around a bit [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Looks cool [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

That's one fancy AC unit!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      That's one fancy AC unit!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK Penguin boy....enough [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You probably live in a igloo (or is your secret desire [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

God forbid the temp rise above 20 degrees [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

How does that ADA sound? I'd love to buy one but I'm looking for something that can do EVERYTHING.

Andy!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Yeah, I'm kicking the idea around a bit [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No shit? Need a groupie scout? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            No shit? Need a groupie scout? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Nah...we can manage just fine, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Nah...we can manage just fine, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

My pal. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] C'mon... help a brutha get outta the house. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X