X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall problem

I just won this on the bay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
    It came in Tuesday, it looks like new, and sounds decent (only had it at very low volume so far). But when I hook the footswitch up, the clean boost is on and CAN'T be turned off. If the footswitch is unplugged, I can turn the clean boost on and off with the front panel button, no problem. Any ideas?
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Re: Randall problem

Have you tried turning the clean boost on and off (on the amp) while the footswitch is plugged in? Sometimes it has to be toggled in a specific way for you to be able to switch it on and off with the footswitch.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Have you tried turning the clean boost on and off (on the amp) while the footswitch is plugged in? Sometimes it has to be toggled in a specific way for you to be able to switch it on and off with the footswitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Yep, tried that. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I even turned it off on the amp, then plugged the footswitch in, and it turns the boost on.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Take the footswitch apart maybe the button is broken.

Comment

Sounds like a faulty switch. Take the footswitch apart and check it out. If it is bad and needs to be fixed and you can't do it just send it to me and I will fix it for you.

Comment

It sounds like the button wiring inside is stuck on the clean channel. A wire is probably crossed over and dominating the circuit. I've never pried apart a footpedal like that, but the problem may be obvious and some solder might be all you need. If you do find anything, I would suggest posting some pictures here and pointing out what you think is wrong so that somebody could see it and tell you "yeah, do that" or "NO! That'll blow the hell up!".

HTH

Comment

Working...
            X